-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Mulkey

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Mopar Brothers,
I'm looking for 2 - Centerline 15 x 8 or something close, 5 on 4 small mopar wheel pattern with something near 4 inch back space. Any available in Calif? Please message me with price and pics.
I'm in Bakersfield and could travel if it helps.
Thanks in advance, Steve

Hello Mopar Brothers,
I'm looking for 2 - Centerline 15 x 8 or something close, 5 on 4 small mopar wheel pattern with something near 4 inch back space. Any available in Calif? Please message me with price and pics.
Thanks in advance, Steve
To the best of my knowledge, the original Centerline Tool Co. Autodrags came in 8 1/2 x15 , with either 3 5/16 or 4 7/8 backspace. The 3 5/16 worked best on full-open wheelwells, not so well, (if at all!) on cars with smaller ww openings. I'm currently using a 15x8 1/2, 4 7/8 bs sbp autodrag on a 62 savoy, that has been double drilled to 4 1/2. It needs about .300" spacer to get the tire away from the spring. The sbp autodrags used a smaller than normal center hole, to give more meat around the inside of the small bolt pattern.
What I'm trying to say, I guess, is you will have trouble finding exactly what you are looking for. I don't think Centerline made any.

I'm lookin to mount to 70-72 Duster.
I'm not knowable about what the sizes were available and thank's for the info. I can handle any mod that may need to happen. Honestly I have a set of front 3.5's and would like to match the Centerline's . Hell 15 x 10/ 5 on 4 if i had to.
Thank's for the info

To the best of my knowledge, the original Centerline Tool Co. Autodrags came in 8 1/2 x15 , with either 3 5/16 or 4 7/8 backspace. The 3 5/16 worked best on full-open wheelwells, not so well, (if at all!) on cars with smaller ww openings. I'm currently using a 15x8 1/2, 4 7/8 bs sbp autodrag on a 62 savoy, that has been double drilled to 4 1/2. It needs about .300" spacer to get the tire away from the spring. The sbp autodrags used a smaller than normal center hole, to give more meat around the inside of the small bolt pattern.
What I'm trying to say, I guess, is you will have trouble finding exactly what you are looking for. I don't think Centerline made any.
33lMP,
What if I went the other way, start with a 4.5 and had a 4" pattern redrilled and hub center rings.
Any possibility?

I've seen it done by someone on this board, very recently. (Cranky, maybe?) It was in a thread about hub centric wheels, as opposed to lug centric. He double drilled a Chevy pattern wheel, and machined a brass centering ring for it.
I'll see if I can find it, and send you there.....

I've seen it done by someone on this board, very recently. (Cranky, maybe?) It was in a thread about hub centric wheels, as opposed to lug centric. He double drilled a Chevy pattern wheel, and machined a brass centering ring for it.
I'll see if I can find it, and send you there.....
Really wouldn't that be great, thanks

See post #8.
Edit: I currently have six pairs of double drilled centerlines, three came from centerline that way, three pairs I had done. Didn't worry a moment about going hub centric on any of them..... but in my case I was going bigger on the pattern change, not smaller. Going to a sbp on a bbp wheel, I would definitely have some hub centric rings made. (Before I retired, I could have made up a pair in about ten minutes).

Last edited:
See post #8.
Edit: I currently have six pairs of double drilled centerlines, three came from centerline that way, three pairs I had done. Didn't worry a moment about going hub centric on any of them..... but in my case I was going bigger on the pattern change, not smaller. Going to a sbp on a bbp wheel, I would definitely have some hub centric rings made. (Before I retired, I could have made up a pair in about ten minutes).
33IMP,
I read to the end. I believe #56 and looked at Pishta's picture and can see what you are saying. Looks like going from a smaller pattern to a larger one gets you a much more desirable hub starting point. That being said. I came back to reply and read your edit and i have to ask if you would like to part with a pair of the six sets?
You know I had to ask :)

33IMP,
I read to the end. I believe #56 and looked at Pishta's picture and can see what you are saying. Looks like going from a smaller pattern to a larger one gets you a much more desirable hub starting point. That being said. I came back to reply and read your edit and i have to ask if you would like to part with a pair of the six sets?
You know I had to ask
I'll send you a pm.

20200729_184102.jpg

20200729_184031.jpg

I had a set of 15x8 5 windows by Shelby that were custom drilled, all 5 barely broke into the centerbore ring, That's why I was not hesitant to drill these Chevy II spec (deep backspacing, more shallow front) Autodrags very close to the center ring. I had to go hub centric as my drilling was not PERFECT, just good enough to sink 5 stock Centerline shoulder lug nuts with no interference. My tolerances could have made a lug centric rim off. The Brass rings were a lunch break job on a shitty 1930's lathe. Im going to make a thin .010 pentastar plate with the 5 lug holes to hide (and contain) the rings and axle ends. The lug nuts themselves would retain the rings.

Hello Mopar Brothers,
Thanks in advance, Steve
Too bad so much information is posted here. You should have started a parts wanted thread. Next time do so please or the thread will be deleted.

Too bad so much information is posted here. You should have started a parts wanted thread. Next time do so please or the thread will be deleted.
Toolman, when i started the thread it was a wanted Centerline wheels in the West coast section. I think i didn't actually make a "Wanted add there, i guess, Sorry.

Toolman, when i started the thread it was a wanted Centerline wheels in the West coast section. I think i didn't actually make a "Wanted add there, i guess, Sorry.
That's my point. Asking for parts in any forum except a ad is against site guidelines.

Got it, sorry i wasn't thinking. I'll remember next time. Can i keep the info somewhere?
I will leave this open but if no one above is selling you wheels you should start fresh in a new Parts Wanted thread.

That's my point. Asking for parts in any forum except a ad is against site guidelines.
Got it, sorry i wasn't thinking. I remember next time. Can i keep the info somewhere?
I will leave this open but if no one above is selling you wheels you should start fresh in a new Parts Wanted thread.
Thank you Toolman,
I guess there isn't a Wanted tab for the sub forums. I will stay in the main forum for the wanted tab and ask for west coast replying to save on shipping. Thank again.

Got it, sorry i wasn't thinking. I remember next time. Can i keep the info somewhere?

Thank you Toolman,
I guess there isn't a Wanted tab for the sub forums. I will stay in the main forum for the wanted tab and ask for west coast replying to save on shipping. Thank again.

Screenshot_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back