Central Alberta Members!

-
EDMONTON AREA FOLKS!...I am in the need of big block B or E body 1-3/4" headers for my Duster..mainly the drivers side, but will buy a pair if need be....Anyone hav an old, used or damaged pair taking up room in their yard or garage!?? help a guy out!..if so..send me a PM and we'll go from there..thanks!!

Ft. Mcmurray maybe the only one here,got a 360 (good)to give away,just come get it.

Hey stwheels - awesome old pic of the Edmonton Auto Spring Works landmark - was truly sad when it burned down recently - such a cool looking old shop. Do you know any of its history?

Hi Rob, yes I do and I started a Facebook page
( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=107055535984487 ) that has a ton more pictures of it. I was fortunate enough to be allowed inside a few years ago and took a some shots before my batteries went dead. I had planned on going back this summer to get more but all we'll see now is a smoking hole in the ground!

There is also a link to a Flicker page with tons more pictures of the outside of the building and to the news stories when it burnt down.

That faded shot of my car in front of the building was just an edit job I did to make it look old. Notice the newer truck in front of me ... DOH!

with all the Mopars running around Alberta you'd think there'd be a lot on here but maybe they haven't found the site yet! lol.

High River here and it was an awesome car show this year...Hope fully see and meet some of you guys here next year.

I think I saw that swinger at the high river show, pretty sure, mine was the Black Demon parked on the side of the 7 eleven. I'm in Okotoks

Terry

Hello Terry,I was parked just up the street from the RBC next to the restaurant set for the Heartland tv series.There was also a 2nd sublime swinger just to the west and south a little ways. We may have had a quick conversation I was coming from 7 -11 when you pulled in.Very nice Demon.
Jeff

Hopefully meet some of you guys next summer, would definately like to get to a couple out of town shows. Got most of my parts stocked up to finish the build, now time will be all I need to get it together. Unfortunately I work oilfield and time off is about zero these days. Crossing my fingers that I get a month off in the spring.

I am now in Lethbridge since summer 2011 . Was previously from Cranbrook BC .Hope to meet up with some of the southern members in spring unless I sell my car before then. Merry " Christmas "to all .

Westerose is pretty central....small town central. Only real trouble is I can't blame my burnouts on the "other" green car!

I am in Cow town. Does anyone have the name of a good machine shop in Calgary? I am doing a stock rebuild on my 273-4.
Thanks
Dervco

Hey Darin, thanks for the tip. That's a nice looking 68 post car, I'll look for it out at Speedway next summer!

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: www.stwheelz.com
8449-14 ave
Edmonton, AB
Canada
T6K1X3
780-450-1397

Attachments

• Picture 21.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 302
Checking in from Sherwood Park, 72 Swinger 340 Special. O.K. North central.

Howdy Swinger 340 Canuck...post a bigger pic of your ride you can post? I've got a 71 as well....looks like your running a nice wheel and tire combo there from what I can see from your avatar. If I keep mine I want to run some aftermarket wheels and tires but being I have been away from Mopar for so long I am not sure of how big I can run on our Dart before running into clearance problems....Ray

South Edmonton checking in! Brought my '74 Duster up from Ohio last fall. She has a rebuilt 340 with a SN2000 supercharger and it needs a good tune (any local guys good with boosted carb tuning that want to lend a hand for some beers?).

Looking forward to making lots of the local races next year and maybe organizing some cruises.

duster.JPG

duster.jpg

Howdy Swinger 340 Canuck...post a bigger pic of your ride you can post? I've got a 71 as well....looks like your running a nice wheel and tire combo there from what I can see from your avatar. If I keep mine I want to run some aftermarket wheels and tires but being I have been away from Mopar for so long I am not sure of how big I can run on our Dart before running into clearance problems....Ray

Hey Alberta, originally from Hylo, N.E. Alberta (find that one on the map!), living in Calgary but with a cabin on Gull Lake - in CENTRAL ALBERTA - so I count, right?
Anyway, just wanted to bring to every Albertain's attention, Danny posted that he has a '72 Swinger 340 Special, although his is one of a possible 15 to 20 built for Pembina Dodge in Winnipeg, we had them here in Alberta too - from Crosstown motors in Edmonton. There were only 40 '71 Swinger 340 Specials built exclusively for Crosstown in 1971 and then a possible 50 '72's built for them in 1972 - period. They don't exist anywhere else and we've only been able to find 8 '71's and 7 '72's out of the possible 90 cars built, so there's gotta' be some still out there. Now, Ray, you say you've got "a '71 as well" in the 'quote' above. Is it one of these? Check for the LL23H1R (LL23H2R for '72's) in VIN - that goes for all you other A, B, C and E Body Albertain's out there, keep an eye out for one of these 'rare as hen's teeth' A-bodies. Post it here if you've heard of one, seen one, know of one or have one, OK.

I am Central, Daysland to be precise. Sleepy little town but I wake it up once in awhile with my 72 Dart Swinger 340. Been to Mopars at the Mall in Red Deer many times now. Great cars and great people. Don't miss it!

that goes for all you other A, B, C and E Body Albertain's out there, keep an eye out for one of these 'rare as hen's teeth' A-bodies. Post it here if you've heard of one, seen one, know of one or have one, OK.

Now I didn't see the car but i was told about it by the owner. He had a 72 H code dart. The car was in mission BC at an acerage. I went there to look at a 1970 FM3 340 duster project car. That was back in 2003. He had alot of mopars mostly B-bodies. The most interesting thing is I was watching the show "Canadian Pickers" and the guy was on the show and they were at his place! Since I was there he has filled his shop with gas pumps and other "petromemorbilia". If you watch in the show when they are talking outside there is a duster in the background. Not sure if he would still have the dart, but who knows? I think his first name was Dave. The show is Episode 31 "Macho Challenge"

http://videobull.com/canadian-pickers-season-3-episode-5-macho-challenge/

-
Back