Ceramic coated headers.

-

MOA

Reaction score
I bought a set of Doug's for my 72 dart.
They say not to use them on a new engine rebuild. Seems like a pain in the *** to install all your new stuff with stock exhaust only to have to do all over again once engine is broke in. How many here have ignored that advice? Any problem?

I bought a set of Doug's for my 72 dart.
They say not to use them on a new engine rebuild. Seems like a pain in the *** to install all your new stuff with stock exhaust only to have to do all over again once engine is broke in. How many here have ignored that advice? Any problem?

Just watch your timing so it doesn’t get too hot and I've heard it'll be fine.

Everyone told me VHT paint would burn off on a new engine startup... Year and a half later they still look beautiful.

For what it's worth, I'm going to break in my engine with my brand new Doug's D453 headers. ....I like the color blue!

As soon as it fires, bring the RPM up to 2000-2500 and wind in 36-40* of timing. That should be good enough to keep exhaust temps down. Place a big box fan in front of your radiator as well to move air.

I Had Ceramic coated headers and they Dulled after the first year. My new TTI headers i got satin black Thermal heat coating. 22 dyno pulls and they look like new.

It would be nice if they stayed silver but I don't expect them to. As long as they keep doing what they're supposed to do, Gray is fine with me.

-
Back