2B9CFECB-8798-4CFF-9BE0-058924978048.jpeg
B4DA7631-8E88-423B-B8EC-C6106599FB8C.jpeg
C1A087C2-8D67-468F-B6CD-6590C7BBDBF6.jpeg
36F47EA7-9F49-4E13-BC79-CA80B690B578.jpeg
AFD89C8F-33C8-4EF6-88A5-1FD2BE2B1900.jpeg
189B56AE-23C7-40F1-AE7D-755055008802.jpeg
5B80F4B5-3E83-464D-A1EA-55E10866403D.jpeg
00D52163-32AD-49CD-AF48-FF8EEA5B1152.jpeg
well my heads up car has been fighting me on my header install so it’s project change time. My plans were to next build a high compression 408 engine but funds are a little low so I’m jumping on a project I bought back in 2016 that was to good to pass up. Located about 80-100 miles from home I looked at and bought a set of .040 over Wiseco Pistons, Crower billet rods, roller cam and lifters, ATI damper, modified oil pan and pick up, stock 360 crank cut down to Chevy size and all internally balanced, and a few other goodies. When I went to check things out we BS’d for a couple of hours like racers do and he ended up offering me a 1972 360 block that this assembly was out of. He did some beautiful oiling mods and bronze bushed the lifter bores. I have about 1100.00 in everything as it sits. I will be micing the crank and having it magnafluxed while I clean up the parts and hone the block. I will get new rings and bearings and probably have around 1500.00 in the short block. I will top it off with a set of Edelbrock heads I ported and installed 2.05 intake valves in and a ported Victor340. Should run 9.80-9.90’s in the quarter and 6.30 in the 1/8.

Wow! That work is too pretty to cover up with a pan and pickup. That's the first dual feed line small block oil pump I can remember seeing at the moment. That '72 block is killer, those usually have very beefy cylinder walls. Those are some good looking rods, what brand are they?

Wow! That work is too pretty to cover up with a pan and pickup. That's the first dual feed line small block oil pump I can remember seeing at the moment. That '72 block is killer, those usually have very beefy cylinder walls. Those are some good looking rods, what brand are they?

Crower billet rods. What adds to the story is I touched this stuff for the first time since 2016 getting it all rounded up and he messaged me on Moparts that he found two new pistons that he had on a shelf just in case. He shipped them to me free of charge. He did some beautiful work on this oiling system.

Correct me where I'm wrong. The line coming up from the oil filter adapter to the back then thru the back of the block is feeding the rocker arms and the front of the block.
It looks like there is a connection for feeding the rockers at the center of the lifter valley. Making it full time oiling to the rocker arms. So I would think that the cam bearings on #2 and #4 are blocked causing the grove in the cam journal to be inactive.
Is the passage at the driver side of the #1 main blocked?
Very interesting dual pickup setup. Really neat short block.

Cool man! Thanks for sharing this stuff with us. Your going to get a lot of questions on this.

The oil pick up seems a bit short. Vs stock.
I’d like to see and hear more on the oil mods and the valley line set up and how & what it is doing.

But! I’d like to know the pistons a little more & your cam spec’s.
(If that’s OK!?!?! LOL!)

Ya sorry guys I will try to post some more details this weekend. I have the piston card in the shop and will try to look up the cam card. He ran W2 heads and ran a light, throttle stopped, super gas 9.90 type class. I have several sets of Harlan Sharp rockers in both 1.5 and 1.6 ratio so hopefully I can use a 1.6 intake on this. I should have my Edelbrock heads in the 300-310 cfm are at that lift. I finally got my fat, lazy butt to the gym yesterday so that will be a priority as I turn 63 this month and need my endurance back.

LMAO! That’s funny. Why? I just got a new weight bench assembled the other day. Same boat at 52. Need to stay in (some sort of) shape. Round or pudgy is not an option! I lack on a few pounds due to a few medical issues and recent a back to back lower back injuries. I felt like I had a paper spine for awhile. So NOT fun.

I’m hoping, with a little luck and some grace spread around on me, I can get back to doing what I miss so terribly.

LMAO! That’s funny. Why? I just got a new weight bench assembled the other day. Same boat at 52. Need to stay in (some sort of) shape. Round or pudgy is not an option! I lack on a few pounds due to a few medical issues and recent a back to back lower back injuries. I felt like I had a paper spine for awhile. So NOT fun.

I’m hoping, with a little luck and some grace spread around on me, I can get back to doing what I miss so terribly.

I 2015 I was on a mission to get in shape and lose some weight. I cut way back on carbs and started a program I called my Riverwalks. I walked 5-6 days a week and worked up to 4 miles a day. Three months later I was down 55 pounds and feeling great. Winter came, plantersfaciates in my feet, urinary infection, had to wear a bag, prostrate was inflamed from the infection, had to get it zapped by a lazor, and then another infection. And now both kness are killing me with meniscus issues. Needless to say the 55 pounds is back on which compounds the knee issues. The 2018 race season killed me so I have get going NOW.

View attachment 1715296428 View attachment 1715296429 View attachment 1715296430 View attachment 1715296431 View attachment 1715296432 View attachment 1715296433 View attachment 1715296434 View attachment 1715296435 View attachment 1715296436 View attachment 1715296437 well my heads up car has been fighting me on my header install so it’s project change time. My plans were to next build a high compression 408 engine but funds are a little low so I’m jumping on a project I bought back in 2016 that was to good to pass up. Located about 80-100 miles from home I looked at and bought a set of .040 over Wiseco Pistons, Crower billet rods, roller cam and lifters, ATI damper, modified oil pan and pick up, stock 360 crank cut down to Chevy size and all internally balanced, and a few other goodies. When I went to check things out we BS’d for a couple of hours like racers do and he ended up offering me a 1972 360 block that this assembly was out of. He did some beautiful oiling mods and bronze bushed the lifter bores. I have about 1100.00 in everything as it sits. I will be micing the crank and having it magnafluxed while I clean up the parts and hone the block. I will get new rings and bearings and probably have around 1500.00 in the short block. I will top it off with a set of Edelbrock heads I ported and installed 2.05 intake valves in and a ported Victor340. Should run 9.80-9.90’s in the quarter and 6.30 in the 1/8.
Subscribed. Need pics showing where all those lines are going. We could some of these mods to the guitar Jones oiling mods. Love that dual pickup.

Correct me where I'm wrong. The line coming up from the oil filter adapter to the back then thru the back of the block is feeding the rocker arms and the front of the block.
It looks like there is a connection for feeding the rockers at the center of the lifter valley. Making it full time oiling to the rocker arms. So I would think that the cam bearings on #2 and #4 are blocked causing the grove in the cam journal to be inactive.
Is the passage at the driver side of the #1 main blocked?
Very interesting dual pickup setup. Really neat short block.
Block is front oiled for sure. And yes I too see the jumper feed to the rocker passages.
Not sure what that smaller line is. Maybe oil pressure gauge. Or spring oilers.
I was going to front oil my block that way until I was shown that the X block has an external
Bung so I decided to front oil externally. It is reassuring for me to see some of the same mods that I have done on another motor..
Especially the front oil mod which I got from the Sanborn thread.
Love that dual pickup. Never seen it done that way.

Block is front oiled for sure. And yes I too see the jumper feed to the rocker passages.
I was going to front oil my block that way until I was shown that the X block has an external
Bung so I decided to front oil externally. It is reassuring for me to see some of the same mods that I have done on another motor..
Better than ****! Thanks so much for the posting.

*I Think* that the big AN line is tapped off the rear main oilk feed to run oil to the front to feed thge oil galley front and rear at the same time while the smaller line(s) are feeding the passage up to the rockers. That is what *I Think* I see.

Awiting the Pit/racers response on that and cam specs.

*I Think* that the big AN line is tapped off the rear main oilk feed to run oil to the front to feed thge oil galley front and rear at the same time while the smaller line(s) are feeding the passage up to the rockers. That is what *I Think* I see.

Awiting the Pit/racers response on that and cam specs.
If the mod was done the way Sanborn recommended, that big line goes to the back of the block and passes through the block to the front oil galley. But I agree we need more pics.

I 2015 I was on a mission to get in shape and lose some weight. I cut way back on carbs and started a program I called my Riverwalks. I walked 5-6 days a week and worked up to 4 miles a day. Three months later I was down 55 pounds and feeling great. Winter came, plantersfaciates in my feet, urinary infection, had to wear a bag, prostrate was inflamed from the infection, had to get it zapped by a lazor, and then another infection. And now both kness are killing me with meniscus issues. Needless to say the 55 pounds is back on which compounds the knee issues. The 2018 race season killed me so I have get going NOW.

You could try getting into swimming for cardio exercise, very easy on the joints and bones and uses your whole body. I personally like to ride a bicycle or use a rowing machine for cardio because I just hate walking/running lol. Treadmills are pretty useless too btw you burn almost no calories since your body isn't actually going anywhere, you're just moving your legs around.

That's an absolutely killer deal you got on all that stuff, I spent that much just on machine work and hardware for my cylinder heads! I do occasionally see "bulk" sales of race engine parts like that on craigslist, I need to put some emergency cash on the side for when another deal comes up.

D1497D44-00C7-4F75-B9BD-2F3A128724E3.jpeg
Well I honed the block today and miced the bores and pistons. For a used block I’m very happy. Trial fitted the cam and it feel good to go. Cleaned up the deck surfaces and check with my straight edge and was extremely happy with the deck straightness. It’s quoting time for the day

Hey before I get into this oil system anymore I’m going to try to call him to see if he will post up more info on this oiling system. Not sure if he’s a member here or not. I don’t want to tell someone just enough to screw them up as he did some major modifications and restricting

Cole is hopefully going to step into this conversation.

Dang, I look at the pictures, then I look at the pushmobile here in the shop and I wish I would have kept that stuff. Did okay for what it is, but those 598s and 632s are brutal. Compression, cam and heads and I think it would have perked it up.

-
Back