changed my dash (pics)

-

halfaed

Reaction score
It took me all day and I still have alot of work left, but I think it will look good when it's done! I'm going to put Autometer's Ultra-lite series Guages in it and replace the wiring by the time it's done.

f3da7f67.jpg

f3da7f6f.jpg

Looks good what kind of gauges are you planning on putting in?

Your dash looks great. I'm not that talented so I bought a dash from rockymountaindashes.com I'm real happy with it, and I took my dash out and had it powdercoated. I think I attached a pic.

powdercoated dash for post.jpg

Since I wanna be lazy and looking at your nice shiney dash, is it possible to do a good repaint of a dash in car? Masking and removeing a fair bit of course.

71Duster said:
Since I wanna be lazy and looking at your nice shiney dash, is it possible to do a good repaint of a dash in car? Masking and removeing a fair bit of course.

I was wondering the same thing. My dash is blue and needs to be black. I also need to replace the pad with the new one that I've had for almost a year... :clock:

Looking good halfed!!I did the same thing,I also used Ultra-lite gauges.I did it beacuse I was to cheap to have my factory gauges redone..lol
94995294.gif

94995274.gif

Granny's Duster said:
Your dash looks great. I'm not that talented so I bought a dash from rockymountaindashes.com I'm real happy with it, and I took my dash out and had it powdercoated. I think I attached a pic.

WOW that looks awesome!!!

How much did you it cost to get it powder coated?

I'm planning on doing the same thing to my '67 Cuda! Now I'm convinced it'll look great. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Did you have any trouble getting the fuel guage to work? What kind of sending unit did you use?

What part number did you select on the fuel guage? 4314, 4315, 4316, 4317 or 4318?

Thanks,
Jeff

The dash cost me about $125 to get powdercoated, and I ordered a 3/8" sending unit for an A body. I don't know what the part number is.

I used the sending unit that was in the car. You will have to order the ford/mopar guage to make it work.

-
Back