cheap auto paint by the pint.

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Looking for a quart/pint of Toyota 3K3 Garnet Pearl, crosses to Ditzler/PPG 4478 or Dupont W9512. Any paint guys that can mix help a brother out with a few cheap links? Id rather not pay ~$85 if there is a cheap single stage out there. Would shoot from small gun or airbrush as the damage is just chipped paint on a rubber nose that flexed. I should do the whole nose if I have enough.

Ppg has a lower line called omni. I use it all the time for side work. And i used it on my duster also when i painted it

20190624_172010.jpg

Checked it out. did you have coverage issues? I read it was very light in pigment. Like it took multiple coats for good coverage (30!) My nose is Garnet (dark red mica), and the surface under it is white! I guess I would need to prime it in a dark primer for good coverage.

Checked it out. did you have coverage issues? I read it was very light in pigment. Like it took multiple coats for good coverage (30!) My nose is Garnet (dark red mica), and the surface under it is white! I guess I would need to prime it in a dark primer for good coverage.

Yes I used it and it's not worth the few dollars you save. I had to give it way more coats and Im Still not happy with the coverage.

All you have 2 do is slightly under reduce it. 3 coats and i was done

Here is a quart and gallon prices for single stage at TCP base is even more.

Screenshot_20190629-005013_Samsung Internet.jpg

They will have it no doubt but it ain't cheap! Last time I looked it was around 200 a quart for factory original colors
When I painted my car almost 5 years ago, TCP's base coat was $200 a gallon, and their best clear was about $150. I know it has gone up, but it is excellent paint. I have been painting cars for about 40 years, and TCP paint sprays and covers as well as anything I have used. It is less than half the price of PPG. I am highly impressed with it. And you cant argue with results.
Cuda58.JPG
Cuda59.JPG

When I painted my car almost 5 years ago, TCP's base coat was $200 a gallon, and their best clear was about $150. I know it has gone up, but it is excellent paint. I have been painting cars for about 40 years, and TCP paint sprays and covers as well as anything I have used. It is less than half the price of PPG. I am highly impressed with it. And you cant argue with results.
View attachment 1715356898 View attachment 1715356900
That is a beautiful barracuda!! You did an amazing job!

Sometimes you can find the color paint you need on line. I went to the mixing bank at work and looked up the cost for a gallon of PPG base coat in the color I wanted and turns out it's over $1200 so looked it up on line and found the same paint for $700 shipped.

-
Back