Cheap-ish 360 mods

-
Congrats! Go get yourself a ring ding for a prize.
:lol:

He mentioned cash limitations?
Exactly the cash limitations do it while he's got it apart! Do you know how much it cost me to do it just the cam only? LOL of course you do you've done a million times yourself. You got to buy all those gaskets and empty the oil and Brake in oil and radiator fluid has to come out and go back in again it's a big mess to do the cam it's not hard.

The /6 and V8 radiator are very close if not the same thickness. You’ll want a V8 radiator.
The parasitic loss is a few HP, BUT better in cooling. The weird fan set up moves A LOT of air effectively. 4 bolts to install, shroud is 4 bolts to install. No wires or relays.
Alright looks like I’ll be looking for a V8 radiator lol

I’ll keep an eye out for a stock V8 brass otherwise I’ll get a aluminum replacement.
If I do a cam I will for sure do springs but that’s where I’ll go over budget for sure unless I find a money tree along the way. Also with a hyd. roller cam there isn’t a break in period like flat tappet cams just .02

I’ll keep an eye out for a stock V8 brass otherwise I’ll get a aluminum replacement.
If I do a cam I will for sure do springs but that’s where I’ll go over budget for sure unless I find a money tree along the way. Also with a hyd. roller cam there isn’t a break in period like flat tappet cams just .02
and that's really why I was thinking the regrind on the cam. I thought it would be super cheap and very unintrusive.

and that's really why I was thinking the regrind on the cam. I thought it would be super cheap and very unintrusive.
All depends if someone can do it for me around my area and how much for it if you get what I’m saying. I’d love to do a cam and support mods but that may be the last thing I do for awhile. I may just leave that alone too for when I do the turbo and get the right cam for that instead.

Being budget minded on this as I'm rebuilding a 904 as well,.

We’ll see what the budget comes out to / I maybe be close to over budget.

The cam is tempting since / I’m not sure if I wanna do new springs for a cam to keep it under budget.

All I see is a concern of budget multiple times and your suggesting more expenditures and work.

No s*** Sherlock I just got doing it. I was just saying it's nice and easy why it's out and you doing the timing chain and gaskets anyways. No?
Easier to do when out?!?!
Not part of the key worry, BUDGET!!!
Read it again numb nuts!
BUDGET!!!!

Exactly the cash limitations do it while he's got it apart!
Contradictory statement makes no sense whatsoever. You advocate spending money when his budget draws to a close. And yet you cheer him on?
If he has the engine on the stand and runs short of money... following your screwed up advice from moron land, he is stuck.

Do you even read what you wrote?
Can you hear yourself?

Do you know how much it cost me to do it just the cam only? LOL of course you do you've done a million times yourself. You got to buy all those gaskets and empty the oil and Brake in oil and radiator fluid has to come out and go back in again it's a big mess to do the cam it's not hard.
And yet you again advocate spending more money....

Moron! Moron! Moron!

He can save up for a cam change later AFTER the car is up and running. The extra expensive of gaskets is a pitiful excuse to delay using the car or as a penny pinching ethic move.

I just got a cheap $150 Summit radiator and I really like it so far. FYI
That’s what I did. I wasn’t to amused with that particular radiators transmission coolant line location on the passenger side going vertical.

@74Scamp I dont know if that engine “NEEDS” a timing chain, but if it gives you peace of mind....

If headers are wanted on the car, get them before the engine is installed.

Sorry about the cam and acco. parts later. Get it in there and run it! Even if it uses a 2bbl. carb. Up and running first. Everything else is small potato crap.

All I see is a concern of budget multiple times and your suggesting more expenditures and work.
Yes you do know I can talk about a cam without spending money but in all honesty it’s not gunna happen. It’s a budget I have right now for in the spring and I’d like to get a parts list/opinions up front to see what I should be getting. This thread has already went off the path I wanted it to be.

And watching a member saying to install it now on a tight budget....

I’ve seen members jump off bridges on another’s “OK!”

@74Scamp Indont know if that engine “NEEDS” a timing chain, but if it gives you peace of mind....

Sorry about the cam and acco. parts later. Get it in there and run it! Even if it uses a 2bbl. carb. Up and running first. Everything else is small potato crap.
I’d rather just have the timing chain done and won’t have to worry. It’s cheap and rather do it with the engine out for the ease. Already have the headers for it sir. Yes I’m just more worried about running in the car before worrying about add ons but you know how talking about everything turns into a crap shoot.

And the spring thing,
@74Scamp I dont know if that engine “NEEDS” a timing chain, but if it gives you peace of mind....

okay okay I can't read no more and I haven't even read no more you win tell him what to do I don't even care LOL

And watching a member saying to install it now on a tight budget....

I’ve seen members jump off bridges on another’s “OK!”
Take everything with a grain of salt...I’ve been on forums for a long time and I don’t always follow what someone says lol there’s places to cut corners and places to not.

Please change the title of this from cheapish mods? To no budget...
How you figure no budget? Now you’re bent out of shape because of what one person said? Please man jump off the train at the next station...

Please change the title of this from cheapish mods? To no budget...
And the spring thing,

okay okay I can't read no more and I haven't even read no more you win tell him what to do I don't even care LOL

Here's some cheap mods-
Headers 4-barrel cam...

WOOO - sour grapes and a heck of a tude popping up! Relax, that voice is not in your head, it’s your pillow calling you to sleep...

In my mind I'm thinking this is some kind of stockish like 410 lift and I'm thinking maybe bumping up to like a 444 lift. For $79 while every gasket that you had to take out and fluid was out to do the job anyways.
== Cheap-ish mod?

Here's some cheap mods-
Headers 4-barrel cam...
If you’re willing to hand me the cash for those mods I’ll be glad to take it. Everyone has a different view of a budget and I don’t see those being cheap mods (at least not the cam) unless your mr. monopoly.

If you’re willing to hand me the cash for those mods I’ll be glad to take it. Everyone has a different view of a budget and I don’t see those being cheap mods (at least not the cam) unless your mr. monopoly.
$79? Just how cheapish of a mod were you looking for?

-
Back