Cheap leaf springs?

-
Some of the aftermarket front spring hangers are only set up with 5/8” hole. In my case I opted to replace the hangers on my car with an aftermarket hanger due to rust.

If you go with a + 2” spring , do they move the centering bolt back to give alittle clearance between the tire and leading edge of the lower wheel well ?

These are original 5 leaf with air shocks. Thanks for all the input on this thread and others. Contacting Espo and going stock height and 6 leaf. I think it’ll give it a little more lift and even after settling will be better than these without getting way jacked up out back

8C49A279-9188-4BA2-BDEC-F1C8FDBAA98B.png

These are original 5 leaf with air shocks. Thanks for all the input on this thread and others. Contacting Espo and going stock height and 6 leaf. I think it’ll give it a little more lift and even after settling will be better than these without getting way jacked up out back

View attachment 1715671620
I
i need to! Just finished the front end last spring so yeah I need to adjust it once this rear is in and get it how I want.
I got the 340 XHD +1" for settling! Cant wait to get them. The 340 ones are the 6 leaf.

I got 6 leafs, stock height, u bolts, shackles, bushings, bolts, for like $410 shipped from PA to MO. Looking forward to seeing them.

I ordered standard leafs from Espo 10+ years ago. Laura asked me if it was 5 leaf or 6. I said Hell, I don't know. My car is locked up in storage. Let's just order the 5 leaf standards. Well mine originally had 6 leaf but I installed them anyway. Of course I have tal 15's on the back and the front set's a bit lower than stock height but in 10+ years they haven't sagged. I am very satisfied.

035.jpg

005.jpg

10-18-19c.jpg

I ordered standard leafs from Espo 10+ years ago. Laura asked me if it was 5 leaf or 6. I said Hell, I don't know. My car is locked up in storage. Let's just order the 5 leaf standards. Well mine originally had 6 leaf but I installed them anyway. Of course I have tal 15's on the back and the front set's a bit lower than stock height but in 10+ years they haven't sagged. I am very satisfied.

Your pics were why I decided to go with the stock height. If the back doesn’t seem high enough I can lower my front end like you did. Appreciate the input in helping me decide.

Park it on a hill or get low with the camera and it really looks like it has rake. LOL

001b.JPG

032 (3).JPG

The rear bushings come out easily right? (Ones in the shackle) I think the front ones are pressed in (by espo) And I had someone put in my old ones with a new suspension bushing set, I really think those were replaced, so hopefully I can just reuse those!

They come out pretty easily. They're not a press fit or anything.....just push in with your fingers.

-
Back