check out the 340

-
I think that motor is in the 420" range and made right at 1000 hp.

That is not a 330 cid engine. I believe that engine is in the 440 cid area with Brett Miller ported Victor heads. It made more than 1,000hp. This engine was posted about earlier.

For all the guys who say 4" stroke motors can't rpm it made peak hp at just over 8500 and they pulled it to 8700.

I think the subject was unported eddy heads and 4 inch cranks......those heads are Fully Ported Eddy Victor heads....Big Difference...

Why would anyone expect anything with a 4" crank to breath with any unported heads? I had a ford guy tell that Mopar people are weird, I thing in a large part he was right.

48 deg block as well . all that miss alinement from cam to rockers was straighten out , an better then the chevys alinement said my cam grinder .

well a little racers story ; a friend of my uncles ran roundy round car and owned his own engine building co back in the early 70's . he built some great motors , all types of racing v8's . so ford hooked him up . and had him build fords with fomoco parts that they supplied . well he just could not find a combo that would stay together and win . made big power . but just wouldn't last to the checkered flag . so he puts together a winner . he's was elated , fords was elated ! then the inquiry of the build . well he told them he couldn't keep their junk together so he used other manufactures and after market parts and reconfiggered the motor changing out everything including the firing order . ford was shocked ! we don't care if you win they said , your here to prove out the parts we're given you to race with . he told them winning was the name of the game in racing . but ford disagreed with that train of thought and pulled the sponsorship , it was to bad . i had a ford 70 boss 302 at the time . and he made that thing ripe it up from 4700 to 8500 it was a rocket . and yes i sold it apart and broke , lol .

-
Back