Check out the autographs on this dash!

-

AVALIANTEFFORT

71 Valiant Pro Street
Reaction score
Not a Mopar, but some truly bitchin’ signatures on the dash of the cool truck build!
432F2F2D-E9D8-41E7-89A3-B7CA98A18F3E.jpeg
A685F0F8-9B5B-4E1F-8F05-D55D936EB7DA.jpeg
1CC71702-A265-48C0-930E-87F948317700.jpeg
432F2F2D-E9D8-41E7-89A3-B7CA98A18F3E.jpeg
A685F0F8-9B5B-4E1F-8F05-D55D936EB7DA.jpeg
1CC71702-A265-48C0-930E-87F948317700.jpeg

Nice autographs...put you pay big $$ to get them. They don’t sign out of the goodness of their heart. It’s a money making deal for them.

Kinda like signing baseballs...

My question is, does it add any value to the car? I think it is cool, but for me, I wouldn't pay a premium just for signatures.

Was at Ernie’s in Scottsdale & Shea, local show with some buddies who run a couple Nitro cars!

Garlits doesn't charge for an autograph.

Geez. Some people will throw the piece of candy on the ground no matter what. If this was a Mopar, everybody'd be talkin about how much those autographs added value.

Not me.

I met a member here who paid $1500 to have Richard Petty sign their inner fender.

Not worth it to me.

Richard Petty signed the bottom of the deck lid on the Superbird I used to have. Darrell Alderman signed the antifreeze sticker under the hood of my Challenger conv, but I didn't have enough sense to cover it with clear tape and you can't see it now. Neither one charged a dime, but Darrell Alderman wanted to drive my car around for a bit at Atlanta Dragway…...so I let him! :D

Richard Petty signed the bottom of the deck lid on the Superbird I used to have. Darrell Alderman signed the antifreeze sticker under the hood of my Challenger conv, but I didn't have enough sense to cover it with clear tape and you can't see it now. Neither one charged a dime, but Darrell Alderman wanted to drive my car around for a bit at Atlanta Dragway…...so I let him! :D
And how long ago was that?

The bird was in 87, and the Challenger was 93 or 94.
So...25-30 years later it seems reality has changed.

No surprise, these famous names are trying to make a living and getting paid for autographs is one of the ways.

I don’t blame them for it at all, but it is how it is now.

Yeah.....time gets away, and I haven't had the occasion to get anyone's autograph since Darrell Alderman and Scott Geofrion in Atlanta. I wouldn't pay for an autograph anyway....that's just :realcrazy:. LOL

I don't blame any famous person for charging for an autograph. It is what it is. What would a Richard Petty signature add to the value of a Superbird, for instance? Yes, he could do it for free, but why should he? Just to be nice?

I don't blame any famous person for charging for an autograph. It is what it is. What would a Richard Petty signature add to the value of a Superbird, for instance? Yes, he could do it for free, but why should he? Just to be nice?

Well, heres one instance (not car related, but still)

Onw of my buddies had a 59 gibson les paul (i think it was a 59)
about a decade ago he had decide to have it refinished/tended to
the topcoat had worn through from all the playing and there were a few little screws missing
he had heard from a friends friend about this guy who had known Les personally who supposedly had some original hardware laying around to replace the missing screws

well, it took the guy months and months to get the guitar back to him and my buddy was starting to think he would never see the guitar again

until one day the doorbell rang, UPS with a special delivery
on the box was a little note from the guy who fixed and refinished the guitar apologizing for the delay and that he hoped what was left under the topcoat would make up for it

my buddy opened the box and found all the missing screws replaced with original hardware and a beautiful shiny new top coat
underneath the top coat was the unmistakable signature of one Les Paul

apparently the guy fixing the guitar actually did know Les and he had happened to come by his shop while he was working on my buddies guitar
they got to talking about the axe and when the guy expressed his frustration about how long it took him to get it back together (had a hard time finding the right hardware) and Les decided to sign the guitar to make it worth the wait for my buddy

I would not pay for one either.

Are we talkin' autographs or hookers here???? :D

If you force a prostitute to have sex with you and you don't pay her.... Is that rape or shop lifting???? :rolleyes:

Are we talkin' autographs or hookers here???? :D

If you force a prostitute to have sex with you and you don't pay her.... Is that rape or shop lifting???? :rolleyes:
I hear they are making synthetic hormones now. Do YOU know how to make a hormone??
Don't pay her.

-
Back