Check out this shotgun I just scored!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
My buddy and I were talking and he mentioned his wife wasn't comfortable with a gun in the house and asked me if I wanted his shot gun.
Of course I said yes. So he said I'll bring it by. Today he stopped by the shop and pulls the case out of his car. He had said it was a semi auto 12 gauge but didn't know much about it.

When he unzipped the case I wasn't ready for what was inside. I figured it would be some cheep big 5 gun.

It was not. It's a (as best I can tell from a quick search of the number) 1935 FN. the print is all in Belgium? It's in very decent condition considering how old it may be.

We took it to a FFL and did the transfer and all the guys wanted to check it out.

After I pick it up I'll clean it lightly, oil it and run a few rounds through them probably just put it away.

20190521_133206_zps6mmqcg01.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic, I just wanted to show it to a buddy. When I pic it up I will post so.e better ones.

While I was at the store I also picked up another AR-10 Lower. Why not, right?

Enjoy!

My buddy and I were talking and he mentioned his wife wasn't comfortable with a gun in the house and asked me if I wanted his shot gun.
Of course I said yes. So he said I'll bring it by. Today he stopped by the shop and pulls the case out of his car. He had said it was a semi auto 12 gauge but didn't know much about it.

When he unzipped the case I wasn't ready for what was inside. I figured it would be some cheep big 5 gun.

It was not. It's a (as best I can tell from a quick search of the number) 1935 FN. the print is all in Belgium? It's in very decent condition considering how old it may be.

We took it to a FFL and did the transfer and all the guys wanted to check it out.

After I pick it up I'll clean it lightly, oil it and run a few rounds through them probably just put it away.

View attachment 1715338717

Sorry for the poor pic, I just wanted to show it to a buddy. When I pic it up I will post so.e better ones.

Enjoy!

My very favorite shotgun. You lucky bastard.

While technically it is a browning, it doesn't say browning on it.

I just like how old it is. Just think if that gun could talk, the stories it would tell.

I bet it's put a lot of birds on people's tables!

I was just talking to my buddy and he said it was his grandfather's gun.

I just like how old it is. Just think if that gun could talk, the stories it would tell.

Get the magnifying glass out and look on the right hand side of the receiver underneath all the Belgium gibberish. It should say "Browning blah blah blah..." or some such. It's on it somewhere I bet.

It wouldn’t say Browning on it, only FN. It was made for Browning by FN.

may very well be the best auto made? Recoil operated, not gas and near foolproof.
I've had mine since 1967...and yes, the stories it could tell!

If it's "flemish" post it up and I'll translate it
If it's french...well, in that case it has probably never been fired

Seems to me you owe someone a nice steak dinner

If it's "flemish" post it up and I'll translate it
If it's french...well, in that case it has probably never been fired

Seems to me you owe someone a nice steak dinner

Thanks, that would be cool!

I will post some pics in 10 days when I get to pick it up.

Do you know how many gears a French battle tank has?

21, 1 forward gear and 20 reverse gears!

:rofl:

It was a Fabrique National with a Browning patent. Is there a lower case e on the barrel in cursive? Browning went to FN because Winchester turned him down, and Remington didn't cut a deal either.

is it an auto 5 or an a -500 either way that is one of the best made and worth a lot of coin , 2500 bucks or more, it looks in nice shape . the Belgium made ones are the cream of the crop .

View attachment 1715338717

Enjoy!

lOOKS LIKE AN OLD BROWNING TOO !!

-
Back