Checkout Caster and camber

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
74ACA110-A55E-4E8A-8C23-5E3561F9868F.jpeg
How will this work for a bracket car

That is what I use, have done a few alignments with it. I use turntables under the front tires, and made my own toe gauge. I have the magnetic and spindle mounts

I have one. My car runs 118 in the 1/4, smooth and straight. Fine on the street, too.
I also made my own toe gauge.
I use (2) 12" square vinyl floor tiles, with grease between them under each front tire as turntables.
Take your time, triple check every measurement.

Grease is messy. I use salt. Make sure the car is level at all 4 wheels when doing the alignment.

That gauge will work fine.

A regular smartphone works fine too with the right app installed.
Alltough it's probably a bit trickier to mount a phone to the wheel than this magnetic gauge.

EDIT:
I noticed you need to get the version WITH the adapter for an additional $35,-.

You don't actually need a caster/ camber gauge. You need a "camber" gauge and nowadays you can buy digi gauges from hardware stores that read degrees tilt off level. You calculate caster by rotating the tires in and out I forget, 20*? take the difference and multiply X 1.5 and that is your caster. The point is if you get a good buy on a caster/ camber gauge you can use, great!! Mine is an aging Ammco. But you can build one cheaper if you can fabricate

I've got an old Howe Racing version of that tool and have used it successfully many, many times for aligning street cars. I did build a bracket to mount it to various wheels from 13" to 20". I find it easier than using a digital angle finder. I have four 1/8" x 14x14 steel plate squares and I laid out 20 degree marks on two of them. I use the messy grease between them. I haven't used an alignment shop for forty years and my cars drive nice and get good tire wear.

-
Back