Not open for further replies.

HR5058

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Not sure if this can be done and not sure where I really need to ask this question so I’ll start here. I have Race Star Dark Star wheels on the rear of my 64 Valiant, 8 3/4. I have been looking for a front wheels to match, 15x5. Sadly they don’t make them anymore in 4.5 bolt pattern but I did find many with 4.75 Chevy. I converted the front brakes to 73-76 disc’s already. So my question is, is there Chevy rotors I can buy that will fit the 73-76 spindles so I can get the wheels I want? Thanks

Doubt anything like that exists.
It would have been done, years ago, if it ever was possible.
Why don't you look in the Summit catalog for wheel adapters, and go that route?

I guess I could have them drilled but for a strong street strip car that worries me. And I don’t like adapters and that could lead to other safety concerns. I may be just SOL

Did you try contacting Race Star directly? Many times they can accommodate special orders- there may be a considerable lead time and or extra cost, but at least you will get what you want with no Mickey Mouse parts involved.
Race Star Industries - Contact Us

Pretty sure you can get aftermarket brake kits that have dual pattern rotors. Pretty sure Roadkill Garage did that on the Vanishing Paint Challenger as Freiburger had Chevy pattern wheels he wanted to use off the Crusher Camaro.

You could see if Willwood or some one has an off the shelf rotor that would replace the stock rotor and is dual pattern.

Other than that, you could use the RockAuto function that shows what cars a part is used on. Find a ‘73 inner wheel bearing and see if it has a GM application. Then check the outer.

My gut says you will have to go to the full aftermarket brake kit, but you never know.

any machine shop worth its salt should have a rotary indexing table to drill that bolt pattern. you are going to a larger bolt pattern metal weakness shouldnt be a issue/just the pilot hub/wheel diameters

Did you try contacting Race Star directly? Many times they can accommodate special orders- there may be a considerable lead time and or extra cost, but at least you will get what you want with no Mickey Mouse parts involved.
I agree everthing is digital cnc now its shouldn't be a problem especially if they might get a new /revisited market

I agree everthing is digital cnc now its shouldn't be a problem especially if they might get a new /revisited market
I did reach out to race star and they no longer are making dark star wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back