Chiropractors

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
How many use one? I had one before and he was very gentle with me and it was OK..... but not the best.

So today I tried a new place and the guy is freaking huge and I could feel he really put a lot of his muscle and weight into it and popped my bones, big time!!!!

Now i feel like I'm floating on a cloud even after working on a 318 for awhile

I have for about 30 years. Some are really good and some will cause more damage than good. I damaged my neck back in the mid 80's and finally found one that really fixed my neck then he retired. I last one I saw re-damaged my neck and now I'm looking at probably having surgery which scares the crap out of me.
Get in tune with you body and don't let them do un-needed adjustments. I have had them fix problems that no one else could and the doctors just wanted to keep me on pain killers which I hate.

I've been seeing chiropractors as needed for over 35 years, and I agree, some do more harm than good, but the really good ones will listen carefully to everything you tell them, and only do the adjustments needed.

The one i saw today really went over a lot of questions first to really get to know me and where my problems are. He was way more detailed than the last place.

He's about 3 times my size and he made bones pop that I didn't even know I have. He got behind me and put his arms under my arms and over my head to pull my shoulders back and lifted me completely off the ground at a bacwards angle and popped my back and now I have zero lower back pain.

I am definitely going back to that place lol

Last edited:
I'd bet that felt pretty good, unfortunately I am 6'7" and around 300 lbs, sooooo nobody is likely gonna be able to do that adjustment for me. LOL
I'm probably about the size of your chiropractor.:lol:

I happily drive 3 and a half hours to have an adjustment called the “Ring Dinger”. I don’t think there is a chiropractor that does it that close to you.

If there is, get it. Words can’t explain how great that thing is. It takes your breath away.

I'd bet that felt pretty good, unfortunately I am 6'7" and around 300 lbs, sooooo nobody is likely gonna be able to do that adjustment for me. LOL
I'm probably about the size of your chiropractor.:lol:
Most average sized chiropractors can do that adjustment on me, I'm under 5 foot and under 100 lbs lol.

How do you fit in A body, no offense me asking, but I'm into A bodies over B and E bodies because I can see over the dash in an A body

I happily drive 3 and a half hours to have an adjustment called the “Ring Dinger”. I don’t think there is a chiropractor that does it that close to you.

If there is, get it. Words can’t explain how great that thing is. It takes your breath away.
I'd like to visit this guy but Houston is a 14 hour drive from me.

How many use one? I had one before and he was very gentle with me and it was OK..... but not the best.

So today I tried a new place and the guy is freaking huge and I could feel he really put a lot of his muscle and weight into it and popped my bones, big time!!!!

Now i feel like I'm floating on a cloud even after working on a 318 for awhile

Yup, we have a really good one in Gray. It all depends on the person. Some are downright quacks. We're pretty fortunate. This guy is from Gray. Lived here all his life. His daddy was one and he followed along. Say what you will about them, but if you find a goodun, you are blessed.

I had one that would do that "ring dinger" occasionally, always felt better after, unfortunately he passed away earlier this year.

Ours is also a beekeeper and has some of the bestest honey ever. He lives only about a mile down the road to so it's REAL local honey.

Most average sized chiropractors can do that adjustment on me, I'm under 5 foot and under 100 lbs lol.

How do you fit in A body, no offense me asking, but I'm into A bodies over B and E bodies because I can see over the dash in an A body

I like A bodies because I can afford them, unlike B or E body cars, I might be able to afford to buy the vin off /6 one of them that got scrapped.

I find 66/7 b bodies are best for shorter people because the dash sits lower in the car and are flat.

68 to 70 b body dashes have more of an angle up and back towards the driver.

71 and up B and all E sits the driver lower to the floor and the dashes have a very sharp angle up and back.

I find that 66 /7 b bodies are often the cheapest of the bunch. I just bought a 67 Belvidere at a bargain price. 68 to 70 B's are gold and E's are forget it.

Last edited:
I had one that would do that "ring dinger" occasionally, always felt better after, unfortunately he passed away earlier this year.

Wow...I’m Canada??? I didn’t know anyone was doing that up there.

Can you describe what it’s like? I’ve tried, but it’s hard to explain what happens when they pull your spine straight.

That looks dangerous to me.

If you like chiropractic, you’d LOVE it. I got lucky. I was getting ready to get the hotel and an appointment to fly to Houston and get it done, and a doctor in Portland (Beaverton actually) got trained to do it.

Since I’m in Portland every 2-3 months to see my rheumatologist, I just schedule my ring dinger for when I’m there.

I go back in early November and the wife will be getting her first ring dinger then. I want to take a video, but I don’t know if she’ll let me, or if I can even do it. That’s up to her and the doc.

If you like chiropractic, you’d LOVE it. I got lucky. I was getting ready to get the hotel and an appointment to fly to Houston and get it done, and a doctor in Portland (Beaverton actually) got trained to do it.

Since I’m in Portland every 2-3 months to see my rheumatologist, I just schedule my ring dinger for when I’m there.

I go back in early November and the wife will be getting her first ring dinger then. I want to take a video, but I don’t know if she’ll let me, or if I can even do it. That’s up to her and the doc.

What I DON'T like about chiropractic is, they want to treat you forever. Just fix me and get it the hell over with.

What I DON'T like about chiropractic is, they want to treat you forever. Just fix me and get it the hell over with.

Yeah, that part is BAD. This guy I go to says come back at your next appointment. If you have an issue before your appointment, call and come in. He’s not one of those keep coming back dudes.

Yeah, that part is BAD. This guy I go to says come back at your next appointment. If you have an issue before your appointment, call and come in. He’s not one of those keep coming back dudes.

That's basically what ours does.....but **** man, when do the appointments end? I will say this.....it's not like we STOP compressing our spine either so, I guess some constant adjustment is necessary.

Yeah, see the look on their faces after he tries to yank their heads off!

IMG_0822.JPG

Princess Valiant when my wife used to drive my 74 E body (car in my avatar) I would put 1" spacers under the back two bolts of the seat, she is about 4' 11" on a good day and she had no issues (except 1) driving the car. Only issue was she had to have the seat all the way forward and to me it put her too close to the steering wheel. Since we bought the 2010 Challenger (new) she no longer wants to or has the need to drive my car. I'm 6' tall and with the spacers under the seat it put my head almost touching the head liner so they (spacers) have been removed. She hasn't driven the 74 Challenger in well over 10 years now, but I only drive the 2010 about once a month, if I'm lucky as it is her car. You are right A bodies are more suited for petite people but will also work for larger people.
Kevin

Princess Valiant when my wife used to drive my 74 E body (car in my avatar) I would put 1" spacers under the back two bolts of the seat, she is about 4' 11" on a good day and she had no issues (except 1) driving the car. Only issue was she had to have the seat all the way forward and to me it put her too close to the steering wheel. Since we bought the 2010 Challenger (new) she no longer wants to or has the need to drive my car. I'm 6' tall and with the spacers under the seat it put my head almost touching the head liner so they (spacers) have been removed. She hasn't driven the 74 Challenger in well over 10 years now, but I only drive the 2010 about once a month, if I'm lucky as it is her car. You are right A bodies are more suited for petite people but will also work for larger people.
Kevin
I had a 70 cuda with a 4 speed and it was a challenge. I never thought of blocks under the seat but I had a 4x4 block on the clutch pedal.

I got spoiled after I first drove my first 72 dart with a bench seat and it was just the most comfortable ride.

I have had a sprinkling of B bodies. I have a 67 belvedere I need to get running to try it out. So far it seems like it's going to be comfortable car.

Before I turned 40, I spent quite a bit of time on the table.
But the summer I turned 40, a funny thing happened. I went from a 30 pant to a 32 to a 34, while not gaining any weight. My hips spread, like a pregnant woman's. And I have had zero back-trouble since. Coincidentally, perhaps, I had become a Christian that spring, and baptized in late August.My birthday was in June.
That was 27 years ago, and I can remember only ever getting back on the table for one series of adjustments. And I only completed the adjustments because it was covered by insurance, and I let that chiropractor milk it.
Another time, I went was for a dislocated bone in my wrist. I had run across an icy parkinglot,slipped, and crashed forward, putting my hands out to break the fall. Bad idea and I don't do that anymore.
That dingbat chiropractor put a lil electric massager on there for less than a minute, then told me it would take seven more adjustments. I said; no it won't. You won't see me coming thru your doors again.
I went home,found me a chunk of wood, laid my arm on the kitchen table,covered that wrist with a towel, and slammed that 2x4 down on that rebellious bone. And voila, the bone was right where it was supposed to be! and the nerve-pain that had accompanied it was also gone. Yeah,ok, the meat was a lil sore from the 2x4, but that was gone the next day. And; Seven more visits myazz. I ain't sitting around for a month; I have never stepped foot in that doctors office again.
Just call me;
Dr.AJ; iddouble-n,sc
(I don't need no stinking chirowhatever).

-
Back