Choke removel

-

slowdown

Reaction score
So I noticed with two carburetors side by side one of the chokes touches the throttle of the other carburetor when I put them on. They are 4150 style 750dp carbs with manual chokes. I’m trying to find some info on weather both chokes are removed or just one choke. And if one choke is left on is it the front or the back carb that keeps the choke? Or does it even matter which carb has a choke? These are on a 6-71, I already had one of these carbs so I just bought an identical one. Instead of having to get 2 new carburetors. And if there’s anyone out there in the Colorado mile high area running one of these, a close jetting starting point would be very helpful. As I’m not sure we’re to start with two carburetors. Thanks.

hard to tell without seeing your car (seriously, a 6-71 and you dont post pictures? shame on you) but my 12 second google search shows an electric choke may be smaller and might work for you?

i would convert them both to electric, if that fixes the issue

large0-80443.jpg

large0-80537.jpg

Thanks. But I was wondering more along the lines of no choke on the carbs or if most guys leave one. I had one of these carburators on my other little supercharger an never used the choke at all to start it up. As I only drive the car in the spring and summer months when it’s warm out. Also with there being 2 carburetors now, should I just put the same jets in the second carb as I was running in my single carb set up an use that as a starting point? Or maybe go a couple jets bigger to start with?

A8B07BD1-BE55-4DC2-A200-250C45B61A7A.jpeg
I just went ahead and removed them. They are made for superchargers.

Right that’s not gonna make any boost. I have everything but the fuel line. I’m just not in any real hurry to mess with the carbs an the linkage just yet. I’m still doing some research, on linkage set up an we’re I will start with the carburators.

-
Back