Chrome shop group buy?

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all, there are a few things I would like to have rechromed over the winter. Mostly small stuff..tail light housings, exterior mirrors, etc. I was thinking that if a few of us were in the same situation and maybe approached a Chrome shop up here in Canada, maybe we could ease the pain, lower the cost a bit with a "group/bulk" purchase.

Only chrome shop I have dealt with is Midway Plating and Polishing here in Ontario. Quality then was excellent.

Ideas/suggestions/interest?

Hey all, there are a few things I would like to have rechromed over the winter. Mostly small stuff..tail light housings, exterior mirrors, etc. I was thinking that if a few of us were in the same situation and maybe approached a Chrome shop up here in Canada, maybe we could ease the pain, lower the cost a bit with a "group/bulk" purchase.

Only chrome shop I have dealt with is Midway Plating and Polishing here in Ontario. Quality then was excellent.

Ideas/suggestions/interest?

Depends how much the shop is going to charge, I guess. Even shipping here within Canuckland is going to negate a lot, if not all, the savings.

The shop here in town is quite expensive. A few of my friends have shipped everything from bumpers to small parts to a chrome shop in Calgary. The quality of work is great and the price is a lot more reasonable. It might be worth a Google search / phone call.......

I had lots of stuff chromed

doubt any chrome shop would give a discount for small item volume.

each piece has to be prepped, grounded, dipped

but doesn't hurt to ask

might check with the chrome shop to see if they have any slow times and that is when they may make a deal

I used Advanced Plating in Nashville, TN, they are expensive, but good

The shop here in town is quite expensive. A few of my friends have shipped everything from bumpers to small parts to a chrome shop in Calgary. The quality of work is great and the price is a lot more reasonable. It might be worth a Google search / phone call.......

Thanks Dave I will see if I can get a name. I will chk about slow times as well. If any one has any other names here in Canada that would help. Within Canada the cheapest shipping would be Greyhound I would think especially if we are shipping from coast to coast.

Anyone else?

I heard there's a shop in Lindon that's really good. I need to strip my bumpers, cut them down and rework them before they get chromed again. But I have some taillight bezels I'd like done.

Riddler

Thought I would bump this to see if there is any interest.
Cuda is getting put away for storage tomorrow and I plan on pulling mirrors, tail lights, ac diffusers, shifter knob. This is for Dads 67. I also have quite a few pieces for my 69 as well. Of course it all pends on my finances.
I spoke to owner of Midway Plating and will be sending him pics of what I will be sending. If anyone is interested send me a pm with contact info and pics of pieces you would like done.
It may not be cost effective for our US members but Canadian members could ship by Greyhound to make it cheaper on shipping.
Im open to listening to reviews on other Canadian chromers so chime in

Thanks
Steve

New reproductions will cost less than repair and rechrome OEM pot metal parts. Majority of reproductions will include mounting gaskets, etc., also. Save your rechrome coins for those pieces that aren't reproduced.

-
Back