Chrysler brings back the Dodge Dart

-
The 2013 Dodge Dart will, like the Neon and Patriot, be made at the Belvidere Assembly Plant in Illinois. A $600 million investment includes the construction of a 638,000-square-foot body shop, as well as new machinery, tooling, and material handling equipment. Work on the expansion began in the summer of 2010 and will be completed this year. The car is expected in April 2012, delayed from January.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2011/12/its-here-and-its-the-dodge-dart

2013-dart-grille.jpg

Except everybody is going to whine and cry about it being 4 doors, 4 cylinders, all-wheel drive, blah, blah, blah. Here we go again!

I kinda like what I'm seeing so far... I bet it looks alot like a Fiat 500. It says it blends Alfa Romeo styling with Dodge performance... Will just have to wait and see. In a few years, im gonna be needing a new, gas efficient 4door. So the fact that it will look nothing like a 1969 Dart makes little difference to me.

Is this a good thing?
How will it be bastardized? Let's see. They already figured out how to make a !!! 4 door Charger!!!...and then called it a Superbee!!
I am anxiously awating the Dodge Dart General Lee version.

That's neat! I can't wait to see it! I wonder what if it's all-new or based off something else.

Good for Chrysler. The US needs a real economy box. The rest of the world has them that get 40 plus MPG.

Did you notice the R/T badging on the website pic? Finally, a Dart R/T and it's only going to have half an engine under the hood.
It's going to be based on the Alpha Romeo Giulietta, but on a lengthened and widened platform.

Attachments

• 2013Dart.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,490
I'm optimistic. It looks like the new Dart could have that excitement factor to make people want to own it, like cars used to have. I was never a big fan of the Caliber even though I know it wasn't a bad car.

I'm optimistic. It looks like the new Dart could have that excitement factor to make people want to own it, like cars used to have. I was never a big fan of the Caliber even though I know it wasn't a bad car.

Boy, I agree with you about not being wild about the caliber. But....I know it's always easy to bash these new cars with the resurrected names of our old faves. I don't wanna go there. I thought it was kinda sad how the GTO fared, getting hammered by all the old classic GTO owners and the press alike. But if the new Dart's a POS, then I'll call them on it. I'll just give it a fair shake from the git-go. Hey, bringing back the Dart name is better than just letting it fade into oblivion, IMO.

I just hope they do it justice. The body styling almost looks like it could be a continuation of the SRT-4 Neon body style in a way. That would be cool.

sounds like some jobs in the making!
To bad the teachers and police retirement funds won't see any of the money the way Chrysler screwd them and other people in when they filed bankruptsy.. Thats why I refuse to buy a new chrysler product. I'll stck to Pre screwing cars.

I'm hopeful. In the short time since the merger, their products have gotten a lot better, even Consumer Reports gave the 300 a good rating.

It might take a few years of modifications to get it right, body style and a 3.1 liter 6 cyl engine. For me the Charger did not look good until this year.

-
Back