Chrysler's at Carlisle 2022 Tent Activities and Invitation

-

HawkRod

Reaction score
So before I go on with too much about the tent I want to re-introduce myself. My name is Hawk, I am a member on FABO but I don't have an A body so don't post here much. I am very active at FBBO and involved with getting a tent for use at the Carlisle show.

Some background:
  • At FBBO we have been paying for a tent for the last 3 years. Last year we finally broke the magic number to get over 25 people registering their cars as belonging to the FBBO car club. So this year it is free.
  • We have tried to see if Carlisle would allow for FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO to each have their own drop down choices but combine them for one tent. Short answer is they won't do that.
Carlisle 2022 is rapidly coming this year:
  • Ed Buczaskie, who works for the Carlisle fairgrounds, said car registrations are well above even last year's record numbers. The same is true for vendor spots. So it seems the show this year is shaping up to be one of the best ever.
  • I have worked with @Joeychgo so we can combine forces for a tent. As more people register their cars for a given car club, the tent will grow in size too. So every registration makes a difference.
    This year the tent will be a combined FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO place to visit and enjoy. Officially according to Carlisle, it is still the FBBO tent, but we will use it for all and welcome all FxBO members.
  • In order to grow the tent size and what we can do with it, please register your show cars as FBBO. There is a drop down when registering that allows this choice to be made. (Yes, I know, your car is not a B body, but who cares? This will give us potentially a bigger tent and also more we can do with it.)
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:
  • I'd like help putting together lunches for Friday and Saturday. Last year we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. If we all bring a small item (coordinated as a group), we'll be in good shape and will have a couple of nice lunches.
  • Also, please contact me if you are willing to put together a seminar or tutorial to help people with Mopar related tasks. Maybe a gas welding clinic? How to for Mopar carbs? etc. Hopefully these can be a help to us and another great way to share knowledge with the FxBO members
  • I will also be trying to get some handouts and/or prizes to those who volunteer and/or for those who register. I don't know if this will be possible yet, so don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
  • I would like to make the tent a free or very cheap watering station for members. Perhaps we can put our heads together to help do this.
Anyway, a lot more to come.

One important point is that I plan to drive across country in May and June (with my old Road Runner), so I won't have much time for some of the planning. I'd appreciate help so we can all do a little and enjoy a lot. If you are interested in helping in any way, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

P.S. So once again, PLEASE register your car as FBBO. With enough people registering, the tent is free. As more register, the tent gets larger. So let's see if we can get a big tent!!!

Hey @Hawk -
Although I won't be able to make it to Carlisle I want to both acknowledge and thank both you and all the others that are instrumental in your efforts for the FxBO tent and related activities. Outstanding!
Where are you heading on your cross-country trip in May and June?
If you're going to be in the SoCal area on May 15th come on out to our 20th annual "Mopars in May" charity-benefit car show in Ontario, California (www.inlandmopars.org for info and registration form).
We are doing online registration only so PM me if you can make the show.
Again, outstanding what y'all are doing for Carlisle.

Last edited:
Hey @Hawk -
Although I won't be able to make it to Carlisle I want to both acknowledge and thank both you and all the others that are instrumental in your efforts for the FxBO tent and related activities. Outstanding!
Where are you heading on your cross-country trip in May and June?
If you're going to be in the SoCal area on May 15th come on our to our 20th annual "Mopars in May" charity-benefit car show in Ontario, California (www.inlandmopars.org for info and registration form).
We are doing online registration only so PM me if you can make the show.
Again, outstanding what y'all are doing for Carlisle.
Sorry we will miss you at Carlisle but glad you support the idea. By far, it seems the vast majority of us are very positive about sharing space and having a good time together. Most of us are Mopar lovers, regardless of it is a A, B, C or E bodies. Personally, I drool over late 60s Darts and Barracudas (I currently have a 70 Road Runner and a 73 Road Runner).

So I did a 2015 cross country trip in my freshly restored 70 Road Runner. If you have any interest, I posted pictures as I drove from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Here is the thread on FBBO:
Hawk's Cross Country 70 Road Runner Trip

This year, I am taking my "RoadKill" 73 Road Runner. This is my first car I ever owned; I've had it since 1981. It's a bit rough around the edges, but this means I won't have to be as worried about where I park it! We will drive from my home town in Lansdale, PA, on a southerly route to Los Angeles, CA, then up the coast and follow a more northerly route back to PA. I will start a thread on FBBO for that trip as well. Hopefully I will have some cool pictures and stories to tell in July at Carlisle.

At this point, I believe we will hit Southern CA very late May. I don't think I can make the 15th, otherwise it would have been great fun to stop by. Mid May we should be somewhere mid country...

Thanks for your support regarding the tent. Hopefully we can continue to improve it every year and make it a great place for FxBO members to hang out!

A quick note as there was some confusion on the FCBO site. If you are willing to do this, you should NOT change the "Chrysler Classification" (class) that your car is in. That should be set as appropriate for your car. You car will be displayed and judged as appropriate.

The only thing that should be different is the "Chrysler Club" drop down, in which case you would select FBBO.

upload_2022-3-28_13-10-1.png

My apologies if this wasn't clear on my earlier post.

Just a couple of quick updates:

(1) I corresponded with Ed from the Carlisle Fairgrounds. The tent companies are short staffed, so they may be setting up tents and leaving them for all their shows, rather than taking them down and relocating/ setting them up again for the next show. This means that there will be less ideal tent placements for any given show. I did ask Ed if he could relocate the FxBO tent to be closer to the C and E Body folks. He said there is a chance that can happen, as they may be putting more tents towards the middle anyway to handle leaving them up. He seemed very willing to do this and added a note to that effect with the FBBO tent registration. So it is possible that the tent will be more centrally located for all A, B, C and E body folks. No promises, but we'll see what happens.

(2) I am leaving on a cross country trip with my 73 Road Runner tomorrow. Long story short, I have had lots of setbacks and challenges, but I am finally (hopefully) ready. This means that some of the Carlisle planning has been delayed. I will do some of this on the road during the next couple of months.
I just wanted to let everyone know I have not "forgotten" about this, but rather that other priorities have slowed down some of the Carlisle work.

If any of you want to follow along with pictures from my trip, you can go here: Hawkrod 'RoadKill' Cross Country Trip 2022

Keep on enjoying our old Mopars!

Hawk

You and your family are invited!

First, I apologize that I am late posting this information, but I have been on a two month cross country trip with my 73 Road Runner and just got back.

I will be putting on a lunch picnic on Saturday, 16 July. The location will be the FBBO tent (see letter "L" on your event map). Time will be noon to about 1PM. This is open to all FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO members.

The cost is ZERO, I am personally covering the cost of this. The only condition is it will be available until food runs out.

Come meet other FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO members! There will also be drawings for random prizes - rules and details will be forthcoming - I'm still working on this.

Please understand that I can only bring so much food. Any left over will need to be thrown out as I cannot store it, I will setup a poll so please respond to it if you plan to attend. This will help me estimate food. Thank you.

Hope to see you at Carlisle!

Hawk (I have 2 B bodies, but overall a Mopar guy so I love them all!)

-
Back