Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
@dukeboy_318
this one is fine, worked great. they also sell a coarse one.
SPEC-OUT II PAINT NIB Fine FIL STECK Tools NIB (fine tooth)
STE35260.jpg

Got valve stem extenders from NAPA on so I don't have to mess with them purdy covers to get air in the tires. :D

View attachment 1715057951
Those did not work out so good. :( I didn't notice them losing air through the next day. Had it out for a ride Sunday no problem. Later in the day I saw the left rear tire flat on the ground and the right front was at half pressure.:eek: :mad: So got air in them right away and removed the extenders. Got longer valve stems and Rodney put them in tonight.:thankyou: :thumbsup:

Put my door inners back together today. The top of this one was cracked in two places. fixed with JB Plastic and backed it up with pieces of sanding cloth. I lost a little grain at one spot where I sanded it to get the cracked area even, but otherwise the repair worked well. Painted that, the armrest and the inset for the handle with SEM Light Parchment. Pretty close on the color - just a little lighter than the original panel after I cleaned it up. Gonna wait till I get the seat cover in and see how it all looks together.

2017-06-23 21.15.51.jpg

Last edited:
I wish someone would reproduce the plastic door parts.
Not aware of anything yet. Someone here looked at doing Duster sail panels a while back, but would be a lot of $. Only plastics I have seen are seat hinge covers and kick panels with speaker hole (not original). Year one had A pillar for some earlier Barracuda/Dart?

Last edited:
Most intiror parts I've seen have been for 72 and older.
Maybe as 3D printing develops. Could probably be done now, but don't know if they would be tough enough. As originals continue to disappear, someone will probably make them. Likely big bucks though.

Got a trunk mat at Carlisle. Original was more of a rubber mat. This is soft fabric backed vinyl. Looks OK, just need to get the wrinkles out. Also got a pair of wiper arms in better shape than what I had including the metal blade supports. Need to clean them up and get new refills for them.
Other than that, I am waiting for my seat cover. Found a local guy to make it.. I got vinyl I liked (Boltasoft Milled Pebble Light Parchment) and tracked down some Light Parchment 120 welt cord. He will make the outer welt cord-might be a little oversized, but should look OK. I initially took the bottom cover and passenger back cover to him with the materials. Went over yesterday and he has a bunch of parts ready including pleated panels. He said he could do a better job lining up the pleated center panels if he could check the shape against the seat because of the way it had stretched. So I pulled them out of the car and ran back over with them. I'm not thrilled with how long it is taking, but from what I have seen so far I think it will look great when done. With a little luck, that might be next week.

2017-07-28 20.04.16.jpg

Are you driving the crap out of it yet?

Are you driving the crap out of it yet?
LOL, Kinda difficult with no seat. :BangHead:
Just called the upholsterer to see if he is done with the cover (left msg on ans machine) Was really hoping to put the seat back in this weekend...
Been 2 months since paint. Might do another round of buffing and get wax on it this weekend. Amazon is supposed to have a couple buffer pads here by tomorrow.

Throw a lawn chair in it!

I did back mine out of the garage and washed it last Sunday, but did not drive it anywhere.

Didn't get my seat yet (or even a response back on my call :BangHead:) But I did get my buffin stuff :thumbsup:. So, spent most of today working on it. Did the whole thing again with compound and polish. Used Chemical Guys orange and white 5.5" Hex pads. Last time I did it with LC 6.5 dimple pads. I think either pad is good, but I saw that some favor the smaller size on DA, concentrating the power to work area. I definitely think it did better -had more color on the pad this time. Used all Meguires Ultimate products. The final step being their liquid wax. I really like this wax. Easy on easy off. Even comes with a really good polish cloth. Not the greatest pics, more to come when I get it outside again.

2017-08-06 16.49.08.jpg

2017-08-06 17.14.01.jpg

It's brought back a lot of memories watching you restore your T4 Duster as I did a similar project with my T4 Scamp 8 years ago. I think we're the only ones with T4 A-bodies on the site!

Keep up the work as your getting near the finish line.

It was a special day for Cinnamon. The seat is in!!!
After a long wait, I picked it up from the upholsterer yesterday. He did an awesome job with the covers. Since I have been trying to do as much of the build myself as possible(and I'm pinching pennies), I had planned to have him just sew it and I was going to install it. I mentioned previously that I had taken the frames over so he could check the pleat alignment. Well he ended up installing, added some padding and hog ringed it. He did charge me a little more than original estimate, but considerably less than original 'installed' price.
I still had a good bit of work to do to finish the job. I had not gotten to fix an issue with the driver seatback frame. It never latched back as nice as the passenger side. He mentioned it when I picked it up. So that was first. It was binding under the latch area. I opened the cover and ground the frame a little to gain some clearance and closed it back up with new hog rings. Still a little tight, but much better. And I don't expect it to get much use anyway.
Next I took the backs off again and put the little plastic cover on the center post, tucking it in under the vinyl. Finished painting the headrests and plastic sidecovers with SEM Light Parchment 15823. Sprayed the spring clips that hold headrest position with rust reformer and black finish. Cut the slots for seatbelts through the vinyl by first running a heated taper punch through creating holes. Then cutting between with scissors. Put the belts through. Hooked up the driver belt wire. Before I put the seat in I decided to take advantage of the open space and cleaned the inside of the back window and vacuumed the carpet good.
Installed seat bottom in car. Attached wire to harness under carpet and bolted down. Bolted the belts in. Opened holes for headrests by cutting an X with razor blade. Then find screw holes with an awl and assemble the post guides. Put headrests on and install seatbacks in car. Installed side covers. One of the flip levers had a good chrome end. Tapped that on. cleaned up the other one and painted with Krylon chrome spray to be installad later.

2017-08-19 19.59.57.jpg

Last edited:
Keith, that seat looks pretty comfy! Looks like he did a great job. It wont be long before I see your car running on the streets here in town on a regular basis! Another badass mopar in town. Keep up the work progress.
Rod

The seat looks amazing. The interior is killer!
Thanks! I'm really happy with the seat and everything else is 'pretty good' as is. I will eventually repaint some of the interior. Too many shades of off-white. LOL. I used Krylon on the hard plastic and SEM on the vinyl. Back seat and door panels are original(just cleaned) The SEM is very close to the new seat cover. That is what I used on the headrests. I can use that on everything else - someday. I may do the visors and kickpanels sooner. They look a lot whiter than everything else and are easy to get at.

Keith, that seat looks pretty comfy! Looks like he did a great job. It wont be long before I see your car running on the streets here in town on a regular basis! Another badass mopar in town. Keep up the work progress.
Rod
I should have it out cruising this afternoon. You in the neighborhood, or out and about chasing little white balls? LOL
I think the 'Gift Right Way' show is next week (Dairyland Square/Jerry's). Probably show it there. Was going to take it to Fisher's grand opening/show just up the street from me yesterday, but didn't get the seat done in time. I did go up, lots of nice cars and even a few Mopars mixed in with the Nova's.... Saw a guy I worked with at Harley with his '68 Dart (racer)there.

-
Back