City Installing Sewer Line Today

-

dibbons

Reaction score
We are the last street in the area to be able to replace septic tank with sewage service (twelve blocks from the main highway/Sea of Cortez. Pretty easy for the city to run the line, being the fact the streets are not even paved in this neighborhood. They just dug a ditch, ran the main line, and covered it back up with the same dirt.

sewer 1.JPG

sewer 2.JPG

sewer 3.JPG

man, i wish they'd hook my house up to the sewer system

Well, when they finally tie your house into the street line, I’d recommend rolling out some yellow caution tape, burying it 3’ below the dirt. This will help protect the pipe from damage due to digging in the future.
I also marked my underground (natural gas, water and waste) utility lines on my survey paperwork.

What’s wrong with a septic system? They need to be pumped every 3-5 years and you’ll fine.

A maid's quarters (first foto) is built over the top of the puny septic tank (never been pumped) and no, we don't have a maid. We have sewer hookup waiting (under a cover) outside the property facing the street. Water bill would increase with hookup.

There are two "access" covers evidently (both tiled over-don't look at me-before my time). One inside next to the bed, no it doesn't smell (second foto) , the other outside under the door mat (third foto).

DSC07528.JPG

DSC07525.JPG

DSC07526.JPG

Did they put a man hole close to your house so you can tap on?
you dont tap into a manhole (legally), a lamp hole should be at the end of the line , you will tap into the main line at ditch depth ,of they didnt provide one --------------

What’s wrong with a septic system? They need to be pumped every 3-5 years and you’ll fine.

I have been in my currant home for almost 40 yrs, had it pumped once to install the 'outlet tee/stand' that pipe all old septic tanks should have . That was about 24 yrs ago, ---fingurs crossed .

Mexicans place TP in the trash, not in the toilet. (I give thanks they don't use the left hand, LOL) Not adding paper to the system might help with septic pumping times?

Yesterday, they dug up the street for a second time in order to connect two pipes with a "T" coupler and build a makeshift manhole cover. In order to connect to any individual residence, they will need to dig up a third time at every house who wants service.

DSC07667.JPG

Having to dig up there area multiple times sounds like poor planning on someones part to me. And the pipe that's shown runs uphill, first rule of plumbing "S**t runs downhill" LMAO

Paydays Thursday and dont lick your fingers.
Looks like they are using potable water pipe?? I've always heard not to drink the water in Mexico...
Having to dig up there area multiple times sounds like poor planning on someones part to me. And the pipe that's shown runs uphill, first rule of plumbing "S**t runs downhill" LMAO

Dibb it sounds like you guys need some better standards around there. Wow. First having a septic tank underneath of your house is a big no no. Gases can build up. Second those guys didn't use any 3/4 crush gravel to bed the pipe.

Where the heck do you live man! - Wastewater/ water operator in Canada :)

you dont tap into a manhole (legally), a lamp hole should be at the end of the line , you will tap into the main line at ditch depth ,of they didnt provide one --------------
Bob it sounds like they didn't run a property line connection at all. Basically it's a "if you want it you tap it" deal

Bob it sounds like they didn't run a property line connection at all. Basically it's a "if you want it you tap it" deal

Thats the way it been forever around here, but in new additions they leave a 4'' tapped pipe sticking out of the ground at every lot .

Thats the way it been forever around here, but in new additions they leave a 4'' tapped pipe sticking out of the ground at every lot .
5" here usually but they do the same thing. Leave the expense to the home owner to tap the main is crazy to me.

5" here usually but they do the same thing. Leave the expense to the home owner to tap the main is crazy to me.
Tapped a many of them , clay tile sucked the most, we even had to have all the tile chips out laying on the ground for the inspector to see, of course they all fell into the sewer line while tapping----------

Tapped a many of them , clay tile sucked the most, we even had to have all the tile chips out laying on the ground for the inspector to see, of course they all fell into the sewer line while tapping----------
Clay tile, transite, tar paper, asbestos cement seen it all. The worst is definitely tar paper but all if installed correct will last a long time.

-
Back