Class Reunion

-

fl 71

Reaction score
Received a invitation for my 50th class reunion today. Have not had any contact with any class mates in 40 years. What has been your experiences with class reunions? Fun or is it the first story teller doesn't stand a chance.

I went to my 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th and then didnt go to another one until this past year for our 40th. Had a great time. I would say that people had finally grown up and there was no clicks left. Had almost 400 in the class and only 90 of them made it to the 40th. I would say go, it may be the last time you ever get a chance to see anyone you grew up with. Each time the numbers get less!
Rod

Went to my 50th in 2015. It was ok, nice to see everyone that is still around.
Really not a big deal, ours was poorly organized I thought.

Go, have a good time....without any expectations or preconceived thoughts of what it might be.

It’s just another opportunity in life to have a new experience and maybe get something out of it.

Even if its nothing more than just the experience itself, it’s more than you get by not going.

Last edited:
I have hosted 2 and helped with many. This year is our 45th. and I am helping with this one too. All the popular kids just show up and enjoy. I was never one of that crowd. I enjoy the get together though. Face book helps keep up with the group.

I went to my 50th last year in my 67 GTS I drove in high school. When I walked in I thought I was in the wrong place because all that was there was a bunch of old folks.

I finally slept with my high school crush... :D

Now she wants me to go to her graduation.... :BangHead:

Like I know where I'll be in three years... :rolleyes:

Go, have a good time....without any expectations or preconceived thoughts of what it might be.

It’s just another opportunity in like to have a new experience and maybe get something out of it.

Even I’d its nothing more than just the experience itself, it’s more than you get by not going.
Good point. Can also always leave. Never enter a room if you don't have a exit strategy.
Thanks all.

I had been to a couple 25 yrs ago. It was just OK.... This year is my 50 th. It includes 4 yrs of classes. (Because we are dying off so fast!), I will pass because Tx to Ga is 1000 mi
Last one was about 3 yrs ago,,,,, roughly 20 % of the class had kicked the bucket, men and women...

I had been to a couple 25 yrs ago. It was just OK.... This year is my 50 th. It includes 4 yrs of classes. (Because we are dying off so fast!), I will pass because Tx to Ga is 1000 mi
Last one was about 3 yrs ago,,,,, roughly 20 % of the class had kicked the bucket, men and women...
I like the idea of including more than one class.

My 40th is coming up this year. Haven't been to one yet. Kinda don't see the point, I was not one of the popular crowd and I'd probably just end up sitting around by myself watching other people have a good time.

My 40th is coming up this year. Haven't been to one yet. Kinda don't see the point, I was not one of the popular crowd and I'd probably just end up sitting around by myself watching other people have a good time.
That's kind of my hang up. I really hung around with kids from neighboring towns more than my classmates.

Really I wasn't one of the ones that was into all the clubs and sports and thought they were better than everyone else because I was raised on a dairy farm and didn't have time for anything else. It is interesting to see how everyone turned out and changed after 50 years. The ones that I thought were beautiful back then are big, fat and not what I expected but some of the plain ole girls have better looks and had good careers. I really had a good time and for the most part everyone was friendly but was sad to hear so many have passed on and to see the ones suffering and on their last leg from cancer and other health problems. Go and enjoy it.

We have a lady from my class that does a closed thing on FB that keeps up with students from a 10 year span, like 60's decade or something. my grad class was a total of 66 students in 1966,.... small rural South Ga town. It is nice to see the local news even though it is not always good news.
I was going to my reunion back in '06 but my cousin I graduated with just died of lung cancer the month before, It was being held at his hunting lodge he just finished. I just didn't have it in me to make that 1000 mi drive all considered.

Come on dude your in Colorado .. legal pot.. light up and go, hell everybody going to be stoned ! :lol: so what the hell !!

-
Back