Classic Car Insurance

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We did a father son project and our Duster turned out great.
My son will be 23 in March.
Is there a classic car insurance company that will insure this car and allow my son to drive it although he is under 25?
I have had the car on my regular auto insurance policy with Plymouth Rock Assurance since we finished it.

233C54AB-6205-4880-896E-2CA424E47EA3.jpeg

Hagerty Classic Auto Insurance

Hagerty.com

Type in your car into, then see what they base value the car at, then you can insure it from there.

Can go direct through them for best price.
Or like my Farmers Insurance agent gets it though them too.

Very resonable for our classic cars, full coverage year round policy. They know we are guarding our cars with our lives so their risk for insuring them is low, so we get a good price out of the deal.

Nice car, they will be happy to insure that one.

While I had no issues with Hagerty, I dropped them Years ago,
I found American Modern/ Heacock Classic to be a much better value.
Unless you want to put $$$ in your brokers pocket I'd suggest insuring directly.

Heacock Classic

My agreed replacement value for my 65' Barracuda was 20K.
Premium with Hagerty was over $400
Premium with Heacock was under $250

What you need to know is that there is :

*Insured Value and Agreed Value...In the event of a loss, AGREED VALUE will pay out whatever YOU and the INSURER agree to on value which you may be asked to substantiate.

* Insured vehicles MUST be garaged.

OBTW...That's a Great Looking Duster!

Last edited:
I use Grundy stated valve at $45K, and the kid can still drive it. It has a annual premium of $345 per year.

I have my 71 Challenger conv insured with Grundy. Agreed value of $50K. Reasonable premium, and I have never had a problem…..but have never had to file a claim.

I’m 23 and I drive my 72 demon I have State Farm insurance

We did a father son project and our Duster turned out great.
My son will be 23 in March.
Is there a classic car insurance company that will insure this car and allow my son to drive it although he is under 25?
I have had the car on my regular auto insurance policy with Plymouth Rock Assurance since we finished it.

View attachment 1715465809

What is the rear tire size you are running and rim width and offset ? Imagine those are 15" wheels.
Thanks

I’m 23 and I drive my 72 demon I have State Farm insurance

Might be worth checking into. I don't have State Farm, but I had a '66 Chevelle that I had Classic Car Ins. through them. They had the best deal I could find.

I applied for a policy at Grundy but they won’t take us because both my older boys had accidents last year. I was able to get a policy from Hagerty for a $25,000 value for under $500 and the kids can drive it. It was costing me over $1,200 for just liability on my standard auto policy. Now the car is insured more appropriately. Thanks for the input fellas....

67778BFB-B8BC-4C57-9F83-11D7193EDEEE.jpeg

Might be worth checking into. I don't have State Farm, but I had a '66 Chevelle that I had Classic Car Ins. through them. They had the best deal I could find.
I don't know if they (Farmers) do an "agreed value" like Hagerty and the likes. They just look at the NADA book and give you 80% of that if it is a total loss.
Any less they would just repair it. Make sure it's insured for the real value. Of course the higher that number the higher the premium.

Our garage burned down one night with my ‘64 inside. It was insured with Farmers as a “collector car”. Agent asked for the value when I insured it, I told him $15000. I received about $13000, which I felt was fair. Now if I had had it appraised to be insured and found to be worth $15k or higher, I probably would have gotten a larger settlement.

-
Back