Clifford Headers for a 225?

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with these? I thought Dutra Duals were about the only option besides the stock manifold.

10421003-0B7C-44C5-9552-B47506DB1EDA.jpeg

Naw. Clifford USED to make a few different types. Now all they make are the shorties. They made a 6 into 1 long tube style and a dual 3 into 2 years ago but now only the shorties. They went up from 349 to 399 just this year.

Naw. Clifford USED to make a few different types. Now all they make are the shorties. They made a 6 into 1 long tube style and a dual 3 into 2 years ago but now only the shorties. They went up from 349 to 399 just this year.
Any good Rusty? I’m thinking of ditching the ole cast iron.

Any good Rusty? I’m thinking of ditching the ole cast iron.

I think they are good quality, but before you jump on them, let @slantsixdan come in and rop some links regarding how they do business. I tagged him so hopefully he'll chime in.

Roger that. Will wait to hear Dan’s thoughts. No mods needed with the stock intake at bolt on points? Stock fasteners used?

Roger that.

Roger that. Will wait to hear Dan’s thoughts. No mods needed with the stock intake at bolt on points? Stock fasteners used?

I think so, yeah. They are pretty much a drop in. For the 225. They do not fit the 170.

Anyone with experience with these? I thought Dutra Duals were about the only option besides the stock manifold.

View attachment 1715393731
I used them and were a noticeable improvement over stock but i combined that with an Offenhauser 4 Barrel. Don’t know if I’d add them without the other upgrades.

Jake

Be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here.

Dutra Duals are a better deal—if you're driving on the street and it's not a hairy race motor, use the Dutra front header and a cut-and-capped rear half of a stock manifold if you're using an intake equipped for manifold heat.

If you're not using manifold heat, and you want to minimise your spend, grab a Dutra front-3 unit and snag this to go with it.

Rest of exhaust system: see here or here for my reco, then do wha'evvuh you want! 8^D

Larry at Clifford is a good dude, and knows his **** about hot rodding six cylinders. Dude spent a good minute talking to me, didnt even wanna sell me anything just telling me which way to go in my build.

Heres a comment from a recent buyer from Clifford
photo.jpg
GarageGuruTV
2 years ago
Don't believe what you hear on the internet, I ordered a slant six dual carb set up and headers. Everything came FASTER than expected and he answered my calls all the time for stupid questions.

Also Aussie speed makes headers also, and hooker too depending on what year ride you have for best fit.

Be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here.

Dutra Duals are a better deal—if you're driving on the street and it's not a hairy race motor, use the Dutra front header and a cut-and-capped rear half of a stock manifold if you're using an intake equipped for manifold heat.

If you're not using manifold heat, and you want to minimise your spend, grab a Dutra front-3 unit and snag this to go with it.

Rest of exhaust system: see here or here for my reco, then do wha'evvuh you want! 8^D
Thanks for the input Dan!

Larry at Clifford is a good dude, and knows his **** about hot rodding six cylinders. Dude spent a good minute talking to me, didnt even wanna sell me anything just telling me which way to go in my build.

Heres a comment from a recent buyer from Clifford
View attachment 1715393778
GarageGuruTV2 years ago
Don't believe what you hear on the internet, I ordered a slant six dual carb set up and headers. Everything came FASTER than expected and he answered my calls all the time for stupid questions.

Thanks 64!

If you want to see slant headers in person, I have on hand.
Clifford shorties
Clifford Long tube (early "A")
Aussiespeed long tube (early "A")
Clifford long tube (late "A", and "F")
Mopar performance, by JR (6-1 late "A", and"F")

Clifford shorties

I've had Aussie Speed directly tell me those long tubes for the early cars will not fit LHD cars. Since you have a set, what do you think? Have you had them on anything?

I am running them now on my 66 Valiant with a 170.
Haven't tried them on a 225

I wonder if you might could post some pictures of how they exit the engine compartment and where they run?

Clifford shorties
Thanks Charlie but you’re about a 6 hour hike from me in Pensacola.

I wonder if you might could post some pictures of how they exit the engine compartment and where they run?
Rob, Call me tomorrow, and maybe you can talk me through taking and posting pics. I have a "smart" phone I can use to take the pics, but then don't know what to do with them. My phone does not connect to a cell system, but will connect to my Wi-Fi.

Rob, Call me tomorrow, and maybe you can talk me through taking and posting pics. I have a "smart" phone I can use to take the pics, but then don't know what to do with them. My phone does not connect to a cell system, but will connect to my Wi-Fi.

Ok I can do that.

No, only have the Aussie speed headers on a car at this time.

I am curious though....it looks like that front header has to run under the k member. Is that right?

Charrlie, how do those Aussie speed headers fit up? What car do you have them on? How are the flanges? Any pictures?

-
Back