Clifford Hyperpack

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of when Clifford stopped selling their version of the Hyperpack. How much did it sell for at that time?

I've been messin' with Slants for over 25 years.They weren't available then.
I actually went and saw Jack Clifford at his warehouse and picked up my parts.
Fun Guy !! Things went down hill after he died.

@Charrlie_S might know. The closest thing there is to compare now is the Aussiespeed long ram. You could try to find an original Hyper Pack intake for sale and use that as an example......but they are so rare they don't come up often.

I have no idea. Doug Dutra would probably know, as he made the original copies of the factory intake. I think he sold the patterns to Clifford.

I’ve been into slants since 2001.At that time they kept telling people that they were just waiting to get enough people to buy in to do another run of them. Nothing ever came of that. I’m guessing late 90’s was the last time they were in stock.

Anyone remember slant six .com?

My authority on this question is limited to saying be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective.

As I recall, Doug D wound up regretting selling the tooling to Clifford.

Don, I guess you could call Clifford and see what they say. Surely they would tell you the last retail price they sold for. If they were real nice, they might even send you something in writing.

Don if you are asking for a price to sell one I would say 600 to 1100.
That is the range that I saw them sell for in last year.
The 600 was a ratty Clifford, the 1100 was an original Hyper Pak.

Don if you are asking for a price to sell one I would say 600 to 1100.
That is the range that I saw them sell for in last year.
Thanks! I do not have one to sell but was just curious since Clifford doesn’t even mention them on their website. In fact, they don’t even list their valve cover for the 225

As I was told, Clifford after Jack died went from a nice warehouse/business selling inline parts for many brands,(Jack was a fan of the Hudson's) to being run out of his son-in-law's garage.And yes he would hold orders till a run number was met.Take your money and you may wait for months/years before getting your parts.

In my dealing with Clifford about a year ago, the clown that answered the phone (Larry) claimed to be the owner since the old man died. I sent him pictures of the misalignment of the 4 barrel adapter to the M2300 Clifford intake. Never heard back form him, emails, text messages & phone calls are ignored. My take on it, the guy is a real douche bag.

Last edited:
Larry is the clown running the show currently at Clifford. I heard his background is something other than car related, and only does it because his wife is Jack's daughter. He told me he personally hates the Slant 6 crowd most of all, and would love to start a bonfire with all the Slant 6 products he carries and be rid of them forever. He does still and will take orders for the Hyper pak intake and the Slant valve cover, but the foundry will only make a run of them for 25 or 30 pieces as a minimum, so it does often take a long time to get that many people to step up and pre-order them before they will make them...

Thanks! He won’t even answer an email I sent, which is par for the course

Larry is the clown running the show currently at Clifford.
I gave up on Clifford long ago after meeting Larry at the SEMA show.
He made allot of promises then backed pedaled when I called him on them.

Larry is the clown running the show currently at Clifford. I heard his background is something other than car related, and only does it because his wife is Jack's daughter. He told me he personally hates the Slant 6 crowd most of all, and would love to start a bonfire with all the Slant 6 products he carries and be rid of them forever. He does still and will take orders for the Hyper pak intake and the Slant valve cover, but the foundry will only make a run of them for 25 or 30 pieces as a minimum, so it does often take a long time to get that many people to step up and pre-order them before they will make them...
He told you personally he hates the slant six crowd?

Yes, I was speaking to him as an inline Chevy guy at that time, so I guess he felt like telling me what he thought about a few things....this was probably 8 to 10 years ago. I was asking him if he'd sell any of the casting patterns for some of the items he didn't sell much anymore. When I asked if he'd sell the Hyper pak intake casting patterns, he said yes, and for that matter I'd like to get rid of our entire Slant 6 product line and be done with them for good. I never got the impression he had a passion for being in the parts business.

Last edited:
I am sure that Dan's little list of mishaps, that he posts every time somebody mentions Clifford, hasn't improved Larry's opinion one bit.

I am sure that Dan's little list of mishaps, that he posts every time somebody mentions Clifford, hasn't improved Larry's opinion one bit.
Yeah maybe but to me that just solidifies Dan's position on Clifford.

Yes, I was speaking to him as an inline Chevy guy at that time, so I guess he felt like telling me what he thought about a few things....this was probably 8 to 10 years ago. I was asking him if he'd sell any of the casting patterns for some of the items he didn't sell much anymore. When I asked if he'd sell the Hyper pak intake casting patterns, he said yes, and for that matter I'd like to get rid of our entire Slant 6 product line and be done with them for good. I never got the impression he had a passion for being in the parts business.
Ok, just wanted to know it was not an urban legend type thing.
It will be bad to lose any slant provider, but nothing stays the same and few will even notice.
I have a couple of Clifford products on my race car.
The valve cover is not a great part, just different from the more common Offy part.
The Weber intake is a real PITA for headers and linkage, but performance it should be better.
The Clifford headers are an easy fit for most chassis, so that is a plus.
Well I guess I have high-jacked Don's thread enough!

If Dan has an issue, I doubt he came to the conclusion lightly.

Ok, just wanted to know it was not an urban legend type thing.
It will be bad to lose any slant provider, but nothing stays the same and few will even notice.
I have a couple of Clifford products on my race car.
The valve cover is not a great part, just different from the more common Offy part.
The Weber intake is a real PITA for headers and linkage, but performance it should be better.
The Clifford headers are an easy fit for most chassis, so that is a plus.
Well I guess I have high-jacked Don's thread enough!
Granted, he may have been having a bad day and was blowing off steam. But he has had a bunch of complaints from the Slant products more than all the other groups he carry's such as Chevy, Ford and Jeep. The same companies make those same products for those groups as the Slant. So he finds it hard to believe that only the Slant group of products have issues, when the other groups dont.

The possible reason he has more complaints on slant six parts, he does not want to listen to his customers, about issues, and take action to correct those problems. Several times, since Jack died, I spoke to Larry about issues, and he just blew me off. Any one remember the fiasco of his cam kit. Hydraulic cam and lifters, with adjustable rocker arms (solid lifter type) and non tubular pushrods. Lifters got no oil. He would not believe that was a problem. Any one can have a problem, and/or make a mistake. It is how that is handled, that makes all the difference.

-
Back