clifford.....

-

MY68/6GT

Reaction score
SUCKS
on set of lifters
1st set would bleed out on a couple of valves
second set they sent me the lifters will not pump/load up also and my mtr is 5 times worst(cylinders missing ) than before
been chasing their mess for 6 months now
biggest mistake i ever made with a company
i got 3 times the $$ that the mtr is worth and 1/2 of a year lost of enjoyment
some body's *** is grass monday @ noon

What year motor are you dealing with? Is it a hydraulic motor to start with?

told them EXACTLY what mtr i was going to build
evry time they have some other excuse as to why this mtr is not running right
my engine builder totally busted them on some BS the were trying to say was the prob
bottom line is their lifters bleed out and my mtr goes from 6=8 to 6=8=3 or 4
have wasted 6 months on their BS AND A TON OF $$$$$$$$ re-doing everything they said was wrong when its their product that thats wrong in the first place
i might have to go to a solid lifter but i don't know if that will work with this cam
and it'll sound like crap

You can't run solid lifters with a hydraulic cam. Best bet is to change the cam and lifters to solid.

I'm confused. You told Clifford that you had a '68 225 and they suggested a hydraulic cam? Or did you want a hydraulic cam for some reason??

I don't know the details exactly, but I think there is more to it than just changing the cam and lifters. I think the whole push rod/rocker assembly needs to be changed to the hydraulic components for oil flow.

A 1968 motor (unless changed) is /was a solid lifter motor. It takes quite a bit of work to change it to a Hydro motor( with the only thing to gain is not adjusting the lifters). There are oiling issues with a non hydro head. Other things need changed over as well. Is there a way to get you back on track??? Where do you live there may be a slant guru near you.:read2:
Frank

i told them the mtr and year ,they sent everything to do the mtr we blue printed the head to their specs. as for the lifter loading up and bleeding out ,we manually pre loaded the lifters and while the mtr was idling poured oil directly onto the lifters to load and three or four wont load. the first set took about 7 mins to load but if i drove the car they would bleed out and the car ran like a v/w instead of a built six. i'm in SOUTH CAROLINA MYRTLE BEACH AREA
AND clifford WILL MKE GOOD ON THERE STUFF AND MISTAKES, BELIVE ME

UPDATE......WOW told me it might be the crank....its getting funny over there....wtf crank balanced and turned per bearings sent....then its the oil pump...hum new pump and most not all lifters load,got 2 or three at idle that wont load, can't wait til i drive it and they all bleed out leaving me with no hp at all ....then he says let it run for a couple of hours ...lmao...been running it ALL f-ing weekend long ,WTF is running a couple of hours more gonna do????? then he gives me a # of some guy out there that does some of their work ...not a employee or engineer or some one in the shop but some guy at a local shop....?????? is CRACK legal in CA. ??????

Sounds like you got sent a hydro cam and lifters to use with a solid lifter engine set up. Does't work too swell. Sounds like they don't have anyone there that knows what they're doing. Which doesn't surprise me. LOL Mike

i told them the mtr and year ,they sent everything to do the mtr we blue printed the head to their specs. as for the lifter loading up and bleeding out ,we manually pre loaded the lifters and while the mtr was idling poured oil directly onto the lifters to load and three or four wont load. the first set took about 7 mins to load but if i drove the car they would bleed out and the car ran like a v/w instead of a built six. i'm in SOUTH CAROLINA MYRTLE BEACH AREA
AND clifford WILL MKE GOOD ON THERE STUFF AND MISTAKES, BELIVE ME

UPDATE......WOW told me it might be the crank....its getting funny over there....wtf crank balanced and turned per bearings sent....then its the oil pump...hum new pump and most not all lifters load,got 2 or three at idle that wont load, can't wait til i drive it and they all bleed out leaving me with no hp at all ....then he says let it run for a couple of hours ...lmao...been running it ALL f-ing weekend long ,WTF is running a couple of hours more gonna do????? then he gives me a # of some guy out there that does some of their work ...not a employee or engineer or some one in the shop but some guy at a local shop....?????? is CRACK legal in CA. ??????

I don't think you are listening. I didn't know the details that Frank explained but you have been told what the problem is. Pull the cam and lifters (you must have had to replace push rods too to even be able to lash the valves) and put in a mechanical set.

Get angry with Clifford and return the parts because they are wrong for your engine and call Erson to get one of a dozen different grinds that were designed by slant gurus. Quit wasting time making the wrong parts work. You're going to give yourself a stroke!

I agree with CARS! Put a solid cam back in that thing. Solid lifters, adjustable rockers and the correct push rods.

to order a erson cam and lifters. been reading on the slantsix site all night and gonna call them in the am and do what i should off done a long time ago....tell clifford to KMA....LOL

I don't think you are listening. I didn't know the details that Frank explained but you have been told what the problem is. Pull the cam and lifters (you must have had to replace push rods too to even be able to lash the valves) and put in a mechanical set.

Get angry with Clifford and return the parts because they are wrong for your engine and call Erson to get one of a dozen different grinds that were designed by slant gurus. Quit wasting time making the wrong parts work. You're going to give yourself a stroke!

-
Back