Cloudy spot on window? ??

-
I used newspaper for cleaning windows yers ago, dont know why i quit doing it.

If a magic eraser doesn't work you might try window cleaner and newspaper. It almost, but not quite, looks like the milkiness that was on my windshield when I bought my dart that had been parked for years. My windshield was mottled/patterned looking though.... where the condensation had been and dried then repeated the cycle for who knows how many years. I used regular window cleaner and newspaper to clean mine. There is something in the ink in newspaper that shines glass. Just don't use the colored or glossy pages of the newspaper.
What's a news paper? LoL
Jk, it does look and feel like overspray so after trying a razor and paint thinner I'm starting to think it's a window film or abrasion damaged. I even tried on a little spot using a green 3m pad. Just made it worse.

Cerium oxide is what the classic guys use to buff out their windshields. It can buff out windshield wiper scratches too. IIRC it takes a while and you need to use the special pad. It can also put a 'warp' in the window too so when you look out there is a distortion. That fogging happens alot to laminated windshields around the edges. Dont know what causes it or takes it out. Is it a fungus like whats in an old musty SLR camera lens?

All your replies and the OP hasn't been back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:eek:
Danm just like my wife, wanting answers NOW! :D
I have other bugs I'm working out. Last weekend I had my front align and mentioned it's a work in progress. the mechanics were telling me how impressed they were with the condition it was pretty much complete compared to the other classics that have been serviced there. No, they're is always something to do.
Maybe he is out trying to remove it still!!

What's a news paper? LoL
Jk, it does look and feel like overspray so after trying a razor and paint thinner I'm starting to think it's a window film or abrasion damaged. I even tried on a little spot using a green 3m pad. Just made it worse.
'paint thinner' is not a very strong solvent. Try lacquer thinner. Just be careful with your good paint that you don't want removed.

What's a news paper? LoL
Hahahhah... I am showing my age saying "newspaper"!!! The green pads will just leave green on it.

-
Back