Cluster pin plugs on 64 Valiant

-

armyofchuckness

The Flying Valiant
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good replacement plug for the pins in the back of a 64 Valiant cluster? I'm completely replacing my wiring system with a Ron Francis kit and I'd like to not have to rely on the old plugs if possible. Thanks!

You can buy new pins from American Auro Wire, and just reuse the plastic portion of the plug, or they have new ones as well. It's also the perfect time to convert it to a pigtail and second connector so you never have to worry again about snapping of the circuitboard pins..

Or... Notice the ALT' gauge has ring terminals with toothed washers and nuts. Every gauge post could be connected in that same manner. Leaves only the light sockets to rely on the pcb traces. If you can change those to a 2 wire bulb socket, they can be wired directly also. With that change the "which way does the LED go?" puzzle is solved too. Sounds krazy? E-body among others are factory built this way, no printed circuit boards. Their wire terminals are the little push on 90 degree booted terminals,,, but those aren't cheap. Ring terminals work.
The wire colors / where they go is marked on the back of the housing.

Good suggestions all around. If it helps, I've already had Redline refurbish an NOS board for me including reinforced solder on the pins, so I'm kind of stuck with the pins at this point.

-
Back