Clutch Adjustment

-

VashonMopar

Reaction score
Hi folks, I got a new clutch into my Duster a couple weeks ago, then got some parts to rebuild the linkage this week. Everything went back together well, but the clutch started to catch about 5" off the floor. It used to pick up almost immediately off the floor. I tried to adjust the adjusting rod, and the more I adjusted it, the stiffer it got and the catch moved to within a couple inches of the top of the pedal travel. I'm about to move it back to where it was for now, but is there a way to get the clutch to catch closer to the floor? I live near Seattle, and the hills here are a pain.

...It used to pick up almost immediately off the floor.......
AFTER the clutch change and BEFORE the linkage rebuild??
...I'm about to move it back to where it was for now, but is there a way to get the clutch to catch closer to the floor? I live near Seattle, and the hills here are a pain.
"Too much" peddle. Adjust the nut to shorten the clutch rod. (if that's what you have)
upload_2019-6-30_7-42-12.png

Take off the inspection cover and adjust the air gap between the pressure plate fingers the the throw out bearing to 1/8 to 3/16". If all is correct the pedal will be in the release range that is correct. If you replace the clutch and some linkage there will be changes in the release point. As long as it releases cleanly enough to not grind bad into reverse you're good.

-
Back