Clutch Linkage advise.

-

SSing

Reaction score
I could post this on other forum, but since stress on this plate will be quite a bit more than on a daily cruiser, here we go...
I tend to over kill sometime when making parts and stuff. I this case though this plate must not flex one bit.
I thinking a 1/4" plate here.
Not planning any additional bracing.
What do you say?
Thank you.
20180820 Z-Bar bracket.jpg

Just wondering if your going to look at the stud mount on the body as well.

Only reason I mentioned it is I had to reinforce that area on a Duster due to cracking. Rust free car with a Hayes street and strip clutch.

Only reason I mentioned it is I had to reinforce that area on a Duster due to cracking. Rust free car with a Hayes street and strip clutch.

Ok, yes indeed something to keep an eye on...
I think I´m going with a torque shaft from rear of the head as well. This will help a lot I think.
Thanks

[QUOTE="SSing,
I think I´m going with a torque shaft from rear of the head as well. This will help a lot I think.

Torque shaft by the way. Would that be a problem bolted to the rear end of a Aluminum Heads? Don´t think so...
It is often bolted to a aluminum water pump housing witch seems less solid.
What do you say?

I would also reinforce the firewall where the pedals bolt on and the z-bar itself as per the direct connection chassis manual.

[QUOTE="SSing,

Torque shaft by the way. Would that be a problem bolted to the rear end of a Aluminum Heads? Don´t think so...
It is often bolted to a aluminum water pump housing witch seems less solid.
What do you say?

Well what I meant to say is Torque Strap not Shaft... But you already understand that.

I broke the torque shaft tube. I'd get custom torque shaft or at least convert yours to double shear at the rod going to the throwout release arm.

BTW, anyone heard of someone had an issue with a torque strap in an aluminum head?
Don´t think so. Many had it in the alum water pump housing, but what do you say?

I plan on having one in each end of the head, but try no to make it super solid if you see what I mean…
Really appreciate you input.
Thank you.

-
Back