Clutch Parts Questions

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Just looking for some clarification on 2 items... thank you

1) The pedal stop. Can anyone tell me where this mounts? Pics would be a huge help. Do I need one for the clutch AND one for the brake pedals?

upload_2018-2-22_7-28-34.png

2) Firewall support bracket
Does this mount on the engine bay side or pedal assembly side (inside car) of the firewall?
Do the mounting studs from the pedal assembly, that go through the firewall, just go through the bracket too? Since there are 4 mounting studs, is there supposed to be 2 brackets?
Again, any pics would be great.

upload_2018-2-22_7-31-8.png

Brake pedal does NOT get a hard stop. That would be bad.
I don't think the clutch did either? My pedal goes to the floor if it's disconnected.

And I never had a bracket like that when I converted mine.

I'm wondering if I'm missing bunch of stuff now

I just cleaned up my clutch/break assembly last week I don't have it installed yet. It also had the stop. Ill try to get a photo of it for you later today.

I just received the photo from my wife. Here is the location fore the bump stop is on my Duster.
Hope this is of some help.

20180222_081506.jpg

Hmmmm.... I'll take a look at my pedal assembly tonight and see if I can figure that out. I'm still not understanding how it mounts. Thanks for the pic, and thanks to the wife too.

There should be a little square hole that it just mounts into best to put a little windex or water onto the water and just slide/pull the one end through the hole

Here is s clutch stop pic from my Dart. The red arrow points to the "tab" end of the stop.

100_4082.JPG

I can't remember....Does the bracket go on the inside or outside?

I have seen that bracket before, but I'm thinking it's maybe for a pedal operated parking brake?
E-body or B-body?

If you're converting Auto to four speed make sure your pedal mount has that little angle iron brace welded across. I found out the hard way that was required.

-
Back