Clutch size on on gen 3 crate engine

-

Buford19

Reaction score
What size is the flywheel and clutch on a new gen 3 hemi crate engine? Notice on the mopar performance site, their crate engines come with flywheel and clutch assembly. Is it a 11” or a 10.5”.

My brother will know. Look up cu440da. He did that swap in his Warlock. He used a Viper 6 speed, but he knows all the tech details.

He says it depends upon the bell housing you use. Most people use the Quicktime bell because it's smaller and fits the tunnel better. the Challenger bell is huge. Quicktime is about 10.5".

He says it depends upon the bell housing you use. Most people use the Quicktime bell because it's smaller and fits the tunnel better. the Challenger bell is huge. Quicktime is about 10.5".
Yes I am aware that you can use a 10.5 or 11” . My question is on a new 6.4 crate engine it comes with a flywheel and clutch. Need to know what size the engine comes with?

How much horsepower tire diameter, and rear gear.. Gotta think about this you ,long term effectively

Have already purchased a quick time bel housing for a 10.5” clutch. Just found out that the 6.4 gen 3 hemi comes with flywheel and clutch, but I heard it might be a 11”. So trying to confirm this, so I don’t end up with two 10.5” clutches. If the crate engine come with a 10.5” clutch, I don’t need to buy one.

Try contacting mopar performance online. There might be a tech line that can give you the answer you are looking for.

Yes I am aware that you can use a 10.5 or 11” . My question is on a new 6.4 crate engine it comes with a flywheel and clutch. Need to know what size the engine comes with?

Sorry for trying to help. Maybe I could suggest a phone call to the company. It would probably be much faster than a forum post and more accurate.

The Mopar crate engines are based on 2015 Challengers. Shouldn't be too hard to look that up?

Thanks everyone for the input. The crate engines comes with a 11” clutch and flywheel, from what the dealer say.

-
Back