Coan converter opinion

-

meathead66

Mod Top
Reaction score
Got a Coan-40320 10” max performance converter. Any opinions pro or con?
Engine is approx. 600+HP with Dana 60 and 3.73. Thanks

Probably among the best on the market.

Got a Coan-40320 10” max performance converter. Any opinions pro or con?
Engine is approx. 600+HP with Dana 60 and 3.73. Thanks
Good product. Just hope if it's used, you know the history of it, and the owner. It might also be a good idea to contact Coan and give them your engine specs and see if it is the right converter for your car. Just because it worked in another car doesn't mean it will work worth a damn in yours. JMHO

Thanx for all the replies. I ordered it from Coan per recommendation from my engine builder. I gave Coan my engine, trans and drivetrain specs. Reason I asked
the question is that of all the converter questions I’ve read about; that brand name never was mentioned. All I’ve read about on this site or “that” other site are the ones in the $700 to $1000 range. I know price shouldn’t be the deciding factor however I was already over budget.
Yes it’s predominately street driven.
Engine and drivetrain are on my build thread.

Their great. Is this just a street car? Kim

Probably among the best on the market.

Good product. Just hope if it's used, you know the history of it, and the owner. It might also be a good idea to contact Coan and give them your engine specs and see if it is the right converter for your car. Just because it worked in another car doesn't mean it will work worth a damn in yours. JMHO

Coan has built excellent converters for many years. We had one in our SG 69 Barracuda in te 80's & 90's for years with a 500 inch stroker BBM in it. It was sent back to Coan to be refreshed twice & they told us that all it needed was cleaning & there was little signs of wear.

A-1 and ATI have both been great but I currently only use A-1, I had a quality control issue from Ultimate years ago and was treated like crap over that ordeal and so I will never spend money with them again.

-
Back