Cold Case Radiator

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone! Almost hate to ask this question, have read a lot of posts.
Will a MOP 755. Cold Case Radiator ( 22" ) be large enough to cool my soon to be 418 with approximately 9.8 compression? Plan to run a viscious drive fan.

I would PM Cold Case and ask that question, he is in the venders section of this forum

Without a link or pictures, **** if I know.

One of the two first answers was constructive, the other one was why I was afraid to ask. Was hoping someone had first hand knowledge.

I would recommend the 26" radiator,I have the cold case mop750 in my dart and love the thing. I have a pretty stout 410 making a little over 500 hp and a 7 blade flex fan with no shroud and it's never been over 195. I did have to drill holes in my core support but it fit without having to beat up the lower radiator support so I was fine with it.I also left the opening up front stock and just centered the radiator.

One of the two first answers was constructive, the other one was why I was afraid to ask. Was hoping someone had first hand knowledge.

So, without a link to know WTF you're talkin about, you EXPECT us to know? For FREE? Then, after somebody tells you you needed a link or a picture, you give this bullcrap response. You're the one askin for help. You're the one who needs to post AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE to make it happen, not me. It's not my job to pamper your butt and make sure you don't get butthurt. In fact, it's not my job to even respond, PERIOD. You COULD have TAKEN my response in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner and posted a link or a picture, but NOOOOOOO you took the low road.

So you tell me. How do we know what the HELL you're talkin about? A part number? You payin me to look this up? Yeah I didn't think so. You better BACK the hell up.

I expected as much from another response from you, you did not need to answer something about what you did not know. After awhile, you realize that a greased pig enjoys the wrestling . I do not need or want your criticism, and no, you did not hurt my feelings. I took the low road? Get a life.
Thank you to the other replies.
Thread done.

So, without a link to know WTF you're talkin about, you EXPECT us to know? For FREE? Then, after somebody tells you you needed a link or a picture, you give this bullcrap response. You're the one askin for help. You're the one who needs to post AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE to make it happen, not me. It's not my job to pamper your butt and make sure you don't get butthurt. In fact, it's not my job to even respond, PERIOD. You COULD have TAKEN my response in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner and posted a link or a picture, but NOOOOOOO you took the low road.

So you tell me. How do we know what the HELL you're talkin about? A part number? You payin me to look this up? Yeah I didn't think so. You better BACK the hell up.
What a d*ck !!

Sounds like somebody had a bit too much fun last night and doesn't feel well today. Great way to start 2020 fellas.

I'd have to agree with lead69. Go big and let the thermostat regulate the block temp.

What a d*ck !!

Let me elaborate. People come on here all the time giving all the information they can to get a question answered or problem resolved. Then, some come on here with an unknown part number, or even less info. I was here last night, watching a movie with my wife, BUT on New Year's Eve, AND we're BOTH sick as DOGS. As usual, surfing the net, and she was reading a book off and on. As always, I take my time to try and help people on here. That's time I'll never get back. The least people could do is include every bit of information they could when asking a question. Yes, I "guess" I could have stopped what I was doing on this page, copied the part number, opened another page, found the Cold Case web site and looked up the part number and found a description or picture of the radiator, thought about it and given my opinion, but why should I do that, when that information should have been part of the original question? Maybe some of yall want to spend time on wild goose chases. I do not. NOT TO MENTION ALL we know about his car is it's "gonna" have a 418 "at some point" AND THAT'S ALL. Oh and he's gonna run a viscous fan. Yet, he wants a radiator recommendation. I got news buckwheat, ANY recommendation given here without a LOT more info will be inaccurate. What transmission? What converter IF it's an auto? What gear? Will he run a shroud? What carburetor and intake? Headers? What heads? Aluminum? Iron? Plastic? Compressed dog ****? Yall keep on recommending on half assed info. I'm not doin it anymore.

And you think I'm the dick? Good. You just made the list.

Last edited:
Sounds like somebody had a bit too much fun last night and doesn't feel well today. Great way to start 2020 fellas.

I'd have to agree with lead69. Go big and let the thermostat regulate the block temp.

The only thing the thermostat controls is the minimum operating temperature. That's it. The radiator does the rest.

The truth is , we don't know . All of the aluminum radiator vendors say they can help you but every case is different . The only vendor that guarantees results is Griffin . No excuses , no issues and no wonder at the prices . The affordable ones do not offer this because of the variables . I can tell you from experience what has to be in place BEFORE YOU PURCHASE a radiator . A clean block inside . A high flow water pump . A high flow thermostat . A viscous drive fan or an electric fan that blows 1200 cu ft per minute at least . If all of this doesn't get results then the logical next step is a radiator . In some cases the OEM radiator doesn't have enough volume to cool a modified motor properly . If that is the case a rad with more volume is in order here . Not more rows but more volume . Larger tubes help . The decision is yours as to which way to go . All these vendors want you to buy their product and it's still a crap shoot but most won't back up their b.s.. What does work is: shrouds . what doesn't work : electric water pumps , pusher fans, 4 core rads.. Opening up your core support to accommodate a 26" rad is uncessary . My .025 cents worth .. P.s. Someone has to so a sticky on this to make sure everyone knows what works and what doesn't . A-body cooling is a BIG issue . Lets solve it .

Just remember you cannot go wrong with the BIGGEST AND MOST EFFICIENT radiator you can fit. There is no such thing as overcooling as that can be controlled, all I can say is the experience I have had with allot of mopar radiators in a bodies is so far the cold case (with the warranty they offer) has been the best value for the money.

Happy New Year everyone! Almost hate to ask this question, have read a lot of posts.
Will a MOP 755. Cold Case Radiator ( 22" ) be large enough to cool my soon to be 418 with approximately 9.8 compression? Plan to run a viscious drive fan.
In most cases the 22" unit will be enough. It's dual 1 1/4" tubes which is about the biggest available for aluminum automotive.

However, there are so many different factors that can contribute toward heat when building a 500hp motor. So a lot of owners opt for the bigger 26" radiator just to be extra safe.

So if your car didn't have a 26" radiator to start with, you have a decision to make. Go with the 22" for an easy bolt in application or go with the 26" radiator and understand you will have to take the extra step of a modified installation.

One thing that might help you. Cold Case has a 60 day cool guarantee. Install the 22" and if for any reason you aren't happy with it, you can upgrade to the 26" radiator for just the cost of shipping.

Hope this helps.

I would recommend the 26" radiator,I have the cold case mop750 in my dart and love the thing. I have a pretty stout 410 making a little over 500 hp and a 7 blade flex fan with no shroud and it's never been over 195. I did have to drill holes in my core support but it fit without having to beat up the lower radiator support so I was fine with it.I also left the opening up front stock and just centered the radiator.

@lead69
Do you have any pics of the 26" cold case installed. Can you measure overall width of the shroud mount? Also, your inbox is full.

thanks,
Keith

Easy Rob ----------------LOL

Finally

20200708_185006.jpg

20200708_185032.jpg

20200708_184840.jpg

20200708_184753.jpg

-
Back