Collector gasket preference?

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals looking for your best recommendation on collector gaskets, Ive heard Percys are good your thoughts Thanks FABO:thankyou:

I kept blowing or burning the collector gaskets out. The header to engine gaskets are fine still, somehow. I ended up getting some cometic copper gaskets that have held up great!

Remflex and never look back. They are awesome, you can drop the exhaust and re use them many times. They also make, IMO, the best header or manifold to head gasket.

They are available on amazon or the online auto parts supplier of your choice.

Remflex and never look back. They are awesome, you can drop the exhaust and re use them many times. They also make, IMO, the best header or manifold to head gasket.

They are available on amazon or the online auto parts supplier of your choice.

Although copper gaskets are nice and do work well (if you have flat surfaces) I have to agree with this post and the others like it.
Remflex just can't be beat in my opinion.

Been using FelPro's performance gaskets for years, The green colored composite gasket. No issues with any that I have installed, Good Luck

I do not run a gasket in my collectors at all. Never had an audible leak and I never blow out gaskets. I do like Percy’s gaskets though. I run them between the header and the cylinder head.

I kept blowing or burning the collector gaskets out. The header to engine gaskets are fine still, somehow. I ended up getting some cometic copper gaskets that have held up great!
Same here .

Using Percy's collector's (and head flanges) gaskets on Doug's headers. No leaks detected, just check once in awhile and re-tighten as needed. Being reusable is the best part, had the collector's off and on and still no leaks. I used the paper composite ones supplied with the headers for engine break-in and they didn't leak, but when swapping for the Percy's it was a ***** scraping off the baked on material.

-
Back