Colonoscopy

-
Here's what I don't like.
The "Informed Consent" forms we are given before these things.
I understand it.
I might die and it's not their fault.
I just don't like it.

As a separate issue, the Anesthesia Care Team will be "Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists".
WHAT?

Here's what I don't like.
The "Informed Consent" forms we are given before these things.
I understand it.
I might die and it's not their fault.
I just don't like it.

As a separate issue, the Anesthesia Care Team will be "Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists".
WHAT?

Yes lots of hospital, surgery centers are going to CRNA but are over seen by a anesthesiologist. I know for my hospital I work at Kaiser train their own, even have their own school for it. I'm a nurse/GI tech, the use of propofol for these procedures are very nice for patients. It's good to see a lot getting these procedures, yeah the prep drink is the worst(We hear it alot) but the raise of colon cancer is the highest cause of death due to being unchecked. Can't tell you how many times people past 65 having cancer. It sucks every time.

Scheduled for my fifth one in Sept. I requested the small dose prep for this one. That gallon jug is pretty bad.

You guys and your colonoscopies. I had to have a virtual colonoscopy. Look it up. No Anesthesia. Just 1/2 hour of your colon and bowels being slowly inflated with a mix of gas and oxygen. Don't fart or you have to start over again. Then, and only then, when you are 'filled up' you are slid into the MRI tube, still with the inflator tube inserted, and have to take four photos from all angles. And of course I hear the door open and 10 young intern nurses, who all are stunning looking, are getting up close and personal while the Dr goes over the details. And yes you still have to drink a gallon of colon blast beforehand.

Those aren't the same, they are good for screening but if there is anything there they still have to do a regular colonoscopy so it's almost best to just go for the regular procedure that way if they need to remove or sample anything it's done right then and there.

Those aren't the same, they are good for screening but if there is anything there they still have to do a regular colonoscopy so it's almost best to just go for the regular procedure that way if they need to remove or sample anything it's done right then and there.
If you are someone with a heart condition then most likely you are on blood thinners. My cardiologist said no. Luckily, for me, there was nothing there.

That's never been a issue at my work, most go off the blood thinner and go to lovenox until after the procedure and heart conditions, they might not get propofol and just use twilight sleep medication but your on a monitor for the whole procedure. But every place is different

10 years ago I had to choke down a gallon (?) of citrus flavored slime during the day before and everything came out alright way before bed time.

This time it was Dulcolax at 4pm and 64 oz of Gatoraid with 258 grams of Miralax from 6 to 8 pm. (The whole bottle of laxative.)
Nothing happened till about 12 am.
(I was getting sort of worried).
At 1;30 I was still trotting every 5 mins.
And I actually threw up clear in the kitchen sink once at the end.
So the rear end starts clearing out and finally got to bed about 2 or so.
Get up at 6 with some still coming out.
Had the procedure and got home with a little more coming out.

My review is the prep was better last time.
The procedure was better this time.

Last edited:
At the hospital I went to I had 2 doctors. One was the anesthesiologist and the doctor who did the actual test. As for the nurses, I didn't have one who looked younger than 50.

-
Back