Colorado Junk Yard Thread

-

BTYM

Reaction score
Hey y'all, while browsing this sub-forum, I found a lot of mention of some junkyards, but they were sparatic. I thought I'd start a dedicated Colorado junk yard forum. Anyone that knows of one or two, post some details about it (name, location, etc...) I've been on the lookout for a decent yard, to pick up some parts for my dart. The only one up near me that I know of is hilltop auto. It's a 24 hr towing, general service shop with a small yard. They only ever really have late models though. There may be a few more around here, but I've only lived in CO a little over a year, I haven't found anything good yet.

Colorado Auto & Parts
2151 W. Radcliff
Englewood 80110

Love this place. Free admission & popcorn. Bought a 360 Magnum engine a few months ago from 98 Grand Cherokee Roll over w/Alt. WP, PS pump, AC Comp, Int & EX manifolds...$212

They had plenty of A Bodies until about a year ago. Pretty thin now. I go there regularly. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Note: only open to noon Sat. Closed Sun

When I went to the races last night I saw a nice looking yard right next door to Colorado National Speedway. I plan on making a trip there within the next week or two. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

When I went to the races last night I saw a nice looking yard right next door to Colorado National Speedway. I plan on making a trip there within the next week or two. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
The guy thinks everything he has is super rare or made of solid gold don't waste your time going there ..He wanted $650 for a builder back seat for my dart ..and $350 for a gauge cluster

I used to go to speedway back in the day, were talking late 60's early 70's. They used to have everything from 30's on. Went in about 5 years ago, not sure if I caught them on a bad day or what but I was just on what I call a treasure hunt and they weren't interested unless I had a specific need. What I did see then was pretty well picked over.

Do they have any Barracuda Notches in there at Colorado Auto & Parts? I am looking for a left rear window. The piece of plexiglass in there when i found the car isn't cutting it.

Do they have any Barracuda Notches in there at Colorado Auto & Parts? I am looking for a left rear window. The piece of plexiglass in there when i found the car isn't cutting it.

there's some glass company's that will make that piece for you, i had a left rear window made for my signet. i'll see if i can find the company and post it up, maybe they can help u out.

if the glass is flat, they should be able to do it, mine was 40 bucks if i remember right....
higgs

speedway isnt cheap,been awhile since I was up there.

as far as i know, speedway isn't open anymore, they closed to the public when the dude died about 5 years ago............so i don't think justin's talking about speedway.............the family still owns it, and if u know the right person sometimes u can get in there if they are around.....they still have a ton of iron back there........

maddox gas and oil
5591 E 72nd Ave, Commerce City, CO 80022
(303) 288-2682

this place is just east of vasquez blvd.
this guy had a bunch of mopars last time i was there. it's been awhile, he's still around though........

maddox gas and oil
5591 E 72nd Ave, Commerce City, CO 80022
(303) 288-2682

this place is just east of vasquez blvd.
this guy had a bunch of mopars last time i was there. it's been awhile, he's still around though........

Was this an actual yard you could go thru??

Was this an actual yard you could go thru??

his main business is lp gas i believe, he has a yard, it's his own private deal, but if u go in and talk to him, he'll take u back into the yard.............he did me anyway's when i was looking for parts for the valiant.

i actually bought a whole parts car from him back in the 90's.

give him a call, see what he has.....................

higgs

his main business is lp gas i believe, he has a yard, it's his own private deal, but if u go in and talk to him, he'll take u back into the yard.............he did me anyway's when i was looking for parts for the valiant.

i actually bought a whole parts car from him back in the 90's.

give him a call, see what he has.....................

higgs

Thanks!

Actually there a 2 yards. Eire wrecking just north of the speedway that you can see from I-25 and Speedway just behind Eire wrecking. Eire is the one that's wants your first born. I've bought a lot from Speedway and he was real easy to deal with. Both yards are now closed.
Elliots in Decona just NE of Speedway has several A-bodies. Has several 1st gen Barracudas.

The last time I was a Elliots he had six 1966 Barracudas. They were all sitting right next to each other. There are a couple of problems with this place. It is a true JUNK yard. Cars just sitting on the ground. Some of the time you can not even talk between them. Hand tools only, battery powered tools are not allowed. He also wants TOP dollars for any Barracuda parts. I'm lucky, the few things I needed didn't add up to very much.
Mike

Ya he has jacked up his prices the last few years. 5 years ago I bought a complete minus motor and tranny 72 Charger for 500.00
He did have a real clean 68 Dart for 800.00 but didn't see it there a few weeks ago.

My family was in the salvage business which is where I got most of my cars and I can tell you that some people in the industry take serious offense to the term "junk yard". When you run a legitimate auto parts business where you make a living, its not "JUNK" in the yard putting food on the table.

Just giving heads up because if you go into any of the salvage yards I know and call it a "junk" yard, you wont be seeing any mopar parts but instead you will be seeing the door, pointed out. (I have seen it happen a few times)

I know of a few good salvage yards but I cant say I can help any of y'all with any "junk" yards.

BTW Maddox Gas is a few good guys ....super nice to deal with. Last time I checked they had mostly 50s stuff.

My family was in the salvage business which is where I got most of my cars and I can tell you that some people in the industry take serious offense to the term "junk yard". When you run a legitimate auto parts business where you make a living, its not "JUNK" in the yard putting food on the table. Just giving heads up because if you go into any of the salvage yards I know and call it a "junk" yard, you wont be seeing any mopar parts but instead you will be seeing the door, pointed out. (I have seen it happen a few times) I know of a few good salvage yards but I cant say I can help any of y'all with any "junk" yards.

Well put. I've always considered them wreaking or salvage yards. Some have some junk in them but I've have loved walking them for decades now.I've seemed to get into the yards that many haven't due to respect.

Also was just in a yard on Hwy 34 just on the west side of Greely. Can't remember the name but they had several old Mopars. Some Dusters and Darts and a few B-bodies but their prices were kinda high. I was asking about full cars, not parts.

7 Sons on Hwy 85 outside of Brighton had tons of Mopars. Was kinda hard to get into. Jeffery was a tough old cut of meat but after sitting and shooting the **** over a sodie pop he let me have a run of the place. Would spend hours in there pulling parts. The city took his property to build a new water treatment plant and he got pissed off at the world and crushed it out.

Colorado Auto & Parts2151 W. RadcliffEnglewood 80110Love this place. Free admission & popcorn. Bought a 360 Magnum engine a few months ago from 98 Grand Cherokee Roll over w/Alt. WP, PS pump, AC Comp, Int & EX manifolds...$212They had plenty of A Bodies until about a year ago. Pretty thin now. I go there regularly. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll keep an eye out for you.Note: only open to noon Sat. Closed Sun

They still have lots of old cars including Mopars. They had an old car section out with all the other cars but now have a separate old car yard to the west of the main yard. Now need an appointment to check out the old stuff and their prices have shot up.

Hello everyone. I am new here and live in south Littleton. Just purchased a 1972 Dart Swinger so I am sure I will be poking around here for a while. Any suggestions on yards that may have some Darts? I need back glass trim pretty bad. I have a hard time paying $250 for a reproduction online for a thin piece of chrome.

-
Back