colored link on new timing chain..?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
what is the signifigance of the colored link on the non roller timing chain? Do you count the links to the dot like other colored link chains? Where is the info, I got the chain out of the box. I know you line the dots up but I think the colored link is a more accurate way to set it when you are looking down

would have taken a pic, but its buttoned up now, it was a blued link on a silver chain. Usually you put it over the dot on the cam cog at about 2:00 and then count links to the crank dot. Just a more accurate way to set them up. My Mazda chain had the same procedure, but it was 3X as long. I should have reported where it ended up with the dots lined up but I didnt have the blue link over any dot.

Ah Ha!
Maybe you found the missing link!

Attachments

• link.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 138
would have taken a pic, but its buttoned up now, it was a blued link on a silver chain. Usually you put it over the dot on the cam cog at about 2:00 and then count links to the crank dot. Just a more accurate way to set them up. My Mazda chain had the same procedure, but it was 3X as long. I should have reported where it ended up with the dots lined up but I didnt have the blue link over any dot.

sure , start a thread after the fact, what if it had to be put on a specific way? LOL just kidding. its probably just a master link

No master link, I was hoping for a fast response but said 'F it' and lined the dots up like we've been doing it for 55 years.....:)

-
Back