***Column shift delete***

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
How have you guys handled getting rid of all the column shift components when converting to floor shifters? What do you use to get rid of the shift indicator and column shifter to make it look like a factory floor shift column?

Anybody done this mod?

Some replace the column with a "stick shift" version, and some just remove the lever from the existing column and remove the related linkage under the hood and off the trans.
There is a roll pin that can be driven out to remove the lever,

The car in question already has a B&M floor shifter installed. I was thinking just remove the shift lever and cut the indicator and whats left if the shifter hole off then Tig weld in patch panels sand those in good and then just paint it. Of course if I did something like that the goal would be to make look like it never happened. :D

This will need to be on the cheap if possible, I don't really want to install a whole column.

I did mine it wasnt too bad. What i did was cut off the nubs then sanded down with a belt sander. Depending on the look and how much time you want to put into it.

glad to hear your going to get some good use out of my write up I did on this job awhile back. Thanks for the plug scamp tramp. I have seen quite a few comments about not being able to find the thread. wonder why it hasnt been stickied?. seems like it would be a good thread to keep on hand being that there are alot of folks that convert to floor shift but either can find an original manual column or cant afford the high expense of an aftermarket.

post up a thread when you tackle the job!. P.s. Ive been a long time subscriber of your dart build....that thing is going to be MEAN!. check out my build thread sometime if you havent had the chance to. (link in signature below.)

I did mine with a grinder and some bondo and a shot of paint.

Attachments

• DSCF1716 (Medium).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 631
  • DSCF1717 (Medium).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCF1719 (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 630
  • DSCF1720 (Medium).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 684
  • DSCF1721 (Medium).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 644
  • DSCF1775 (Medium).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 713
  • DSCF1776 (Medium).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 664
How did u guys remove the pin from the upper column shifter?? Any insight will help, thanks.

-
Back