Combine Eska/Evinrude/Johnson/Buccaneer/ WT?

General Discussion

1. 67Dart273

67Dart273 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:45 AM
    Yes, friends, Del's at it again

Filled the bed of the new Sierra right up LOL

From top left, hidden by shroud is an old air cooled Eska ? 7.5, this is basically a Clinton 2 stroke lawn mower engine made into an outboard. The were sold under lots of names, including Ted Williams, Sears, etc. Had the Eska fired, but lower unit is trashed and has been freeze broke and welded. Likely parts I had an Eska given to me, no spark, so the other two will fix one, or maybe one will fix two??

Then the Johnson fuel tank, and to the right of that is a 59 Johnson 10. Had it running but not good, needs a tune up. It is in decent shape and complete, the "top" of the bunch

Down to the right is a Sears/ Eska it is stuck, and below that was a free Evinrude, no power head. More parts

Bottom left is dark blue Evinrude ? 7.5? unknown problems, has compression and no spark

Last is the Bucanner made by Gale/ OMC it is stuck. It is complete and in decent shape, and has a built-in fuel tank. I may "merge" with another motor I have to make a decent outboard.

Paid 20 for the nice little 2 1/2 gal plastic tank which I wanted. I have a 50-6 gal plastic tank, and don't think I'll need that much often or at all

outboardsMay019.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod 30 Degrees Outta Whack FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      3:45 AM
      You're having a good time. I like that.

• 67Dart273

Local Time:
      Spend part of yesterday and today tearing them down. "Mixed emotions" LMAO.

• Like Like x 1
      • pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
        My buddy had a Johnson 70. kicked ass in his 17' lake boat for about an hour until the bottom drive shaft roller bearing seized up. He never had oil down there! I got it apart and the rollers were welded onto the drive shaft. F the stern drives, show up with one of these!
        boat.jpg

• Like Like x 2
        • Krooser

Krooser Reform School Graduate

Local Time:
          2:45 AM
          My son dragged a Water Witch home last fall....he expected me to get it running!

• Like Like x 1
          • 67Dart273

Local Time:
            Well the Eska mess is a mixed bag. One of them that turned over has bearings "loose as a goose". These use needle roller crank bearings and they have been wet, so rusted. One lower unit was welded, one of them is missing part of the shift mechanism. All in all "OK" The original one given to me, I think I can now fix. It had a bad electronic ignition

The Johnson 10 needs carb cleaned, probably coils, and for sure lower end seals. Not at all unexpected. Has good compression. So it is OK

The Evinrude needs pretty much same as the Johnson. Both it and the Johnson are the older "two line" fuel system (pressurized tank) so it will be the guinea pig for a single line conversion.

The Buccaneer power head is junk. The Evinrude that was missing the power head "may" get a trashy lawn mower engine thrown on top LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.