Complete rally dash frame removal

-
Thanks guys, Troy I did the zerk upgrade to wipers a couple years ago, but will give them a squirt.
I know one heater cable is buggered up and maybe speedo cable too. I got a set of nice cables from Rat Rod Al I will try.
Need to find an AC vacuum switch, this one broke a nipple coming out and another one looks like it's been repaired previously.
Thanks guys.
Buy a wiper kit with the gaskets and seals.......The kit has provisions to add grease fittings to the pivots. Looking good so far!

Looks like you have a good handle on things. Lube up your heater controls.

20220612_203113.jpg

20220612_203058.jpg

Not a lot done, but dash frame is off to powder coaters. The original one is in better shape than my spare one I was going to use in my "Rally dash redo" thread.
I also replaced one of the cables for the ac/heat under the dash. Once I "unthreaded" the mounting clip from old cable, I discovered I had it mounted incorrectly. Lubed it before install and mounted with tab in proper position.
Greased the wiper pivots. Gaskets appear to be good there. Also removed all linkages, washers and bushings and gave them some Lubriplate.
A lot of the cowl insulation was missing so I bought cheap/thin foil insulation from hardware store and glued it up there with 3M.
Back to work tonight....never seem to get enough done on my time off.
**when doing ac/heater cables I noticed that the lever mechanisms are totally different. I knew they were, BUT one thing I noticed is that 67 AC levers have NO plastic pins for the cables** THAT is a huge bonus!!
I have controls from 67 notchback non ac and they have plastic pins/slides.

20220617_103219.jpg

20220617_103225.jpg

20220616_105347.jpg

20220615_145800.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back