-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I rebuilt my 73-up front suspension for my Dart project, then decided I'd like to upgrade to a custom front suspension so I'm putting it all up for sale.

It was pulled from a 73 Dart Sport with a 318. The parts had no significant rust pitting or damage. Everything was sandblasted and given 2 coats of POR-15. This includes the inside of the K -member, done with a rod and swab method. Everything was done carefully, since it was going in my project.

Included is a rebuilt power steering box. It was in my daughter's Duster for under 10,000 miles after rebuild.

The K member has been re-inforced by MIG welding the perimeter, gusseting the steering box, and adding a tow hook which was recessed in the frame and covered with a skid plate. My welds are not gorgeous but they are strong. I prioritize good penetration. I'm not a pro but have fair experience. I was taught arc welding by a skilled fabricator on a farm. I was taught torch welding in AME school on aircraft tubing. MIG is self-taught.

The lower control arms are reinforced with fabricated plating. Old bushings were removed with a tap and new installed with a press so no damage was done.

The upper arms have the Moog offset bushings installed. One of the upper arm ball joints is tacked as it went in slightly looser than the other. The other can be tacked if desired.

Stronger sway bar brackets were fabricated.

Adjuster bolts are included. These were treated with blackener.

Here's a price list of the new parts included. I'm not sure the brands are identical and will check if you wish.

It's was hard to decide on an asking price so I'll break it down with all the new parts included.

K-member 250
UCA 60 x2 120
LCA (with LBJ) 120 x2 240
Spindle 25 x2 50
Sway bar (with hardware) 60
Steering box (with pitman) 100
POR-15 free :)
Total 820

If someone will take everything I'll offer it at $750 plus shipping.
If no takers I'll separate the parts. More pics are available if desired.

Attachments

• k member por 15.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 291
  • control arms por 15.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 273
very interested in just the kframe. please let me know if it doesnt sell. would you be willing to ship it? sending a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back