Compressed Air Supercharging?

-
:happy1:That just blows.....

It's called "Outsourced Supercharging" :)

How is this new? Mickey Thompson.........

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990194

mickey-thompson-compressed-air-system.jpg

The Art Malone compressed air dragster is on Display at Don Garlits museum. It is quite a site to behold.

I actually did my senior project in mechanical engineering on this back in 1973. I had a 1968 Roadrunner and I was interested in drag racing. I came across an article in some magazine (either Car Craft or Hot Rod) titled, "Supercharging by Jet." Compressed air needed to be stored on the car and just during acceleration, a high pressure jet of air was introduced into a nozzle inducing additional air thereby creating boost.

My advisor thought this was too big an undertaking by putting it on car, so I just did some testing on the "jet pump" that I built. He also thought that a device causing cars to use additional fuel and create more smog was not very environmentally friendly.

I actually did my senior project in mechanical engineering on this back in 1973. I had a 1968 Roadrunner and I was interested in drag racing. I came across an article in some magazine (either Car Craft or Hot Rod) titled, "Supercharging by Jet." Compressed air needed to stored on the car and just during acceleration, a high pressure jet of air was introduced into a nozzle inducing additional air thereby creating boost.

My advisor thought this was too big an undertaking by putting it on car, so I just did some testing on the "jet pump" that I built. He also thought that a device causing cars to use additional fuel and create more smog was not very environmentally friendly.

sounds like as much trouble as it`s worth,-no, more trouble than it`s worth !

-
Back