Computer issue, can anyone help?

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
I generally do ok getting things to work right on my pc but had something lately cause a problem and I don't know what to do to remedy it but I know there are a lot of puter guru's here so here goes.

About 2 weeks ago my computer did an Adobe update and after that the strangest thing has been happening. When I'm reading through a thread I can only go so far down the page until it will stop scrolling. Generally that's about the time I reach the 8th, 9th or 10th post in a thread. Then the screen freezes for a few seconds and then goes but when it goes on down it jumps a whole bunch causing me to loose a post (in other words it'll jump right from post #9 to post #11). I have finally figured out what's causing it is what's called a "plug-in container.exe" that I see in the task manager. The only reason I even knew it was associated with Adobe is because when I manually stop the "plug-in container.exe" in the task manager it tells me Adobe has crashed and add pictures on the side of the screen disappear. When I manually stop the "plug-in container.exe" in the task manager I can finish reading the thread with no interruption but as soon as I click on another thread it restarts Adobe again cause it needs it to upload pictures so the process starts all over again. Anybody know what to do about this? I'd just delete Adobe but it's needed to open other items from time to time.

Thanks, Tracy

That's Wild !!!
I had the same problem but it only happened in Mozilla Firefox my primary browser.I could open up internet explorer and it scrolled fine.
It was driving me nuts !!!It only happens on my laptop at home.I did so many things I could not tell you what fixed it,it was as the page was not loading correctly,even though it was all there but 3/4 the way down scrolling it would stop and if you clicked just above the browser arrow down it proceed to the bottom....Weird.

That's Wild !!!
I had the same problem but it only happened in Mozilla Firefox my primary browser.I could open up internet explorer and it scrolled fine.
It was driving me nuts !!!It only happens on my laptop at home.I did so many things I could not tell you what fixed it,it was as the page was not loading correctly,even though it was all there but 3/4 the way down scrolling it would stop and if you clicked just above the browser arrow down it proceed to the bottom....Weird.

Hah! Guess what browser I'm running, you guessed it, Firefox. So it must be an issue between Adobe and Firefox. Man I wish you could remember what you did to fix it cause I like Firefox better than IE and it's driving me nuts too!:banghead:

I think I'll try it in IE just to see if works ok for me too. Maybe until I get it figured out I'll just use IE.

Tnx for the info

-
Back