Confused about 440 plug wire separators & brackets

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
I'm doing an engine compartment resto on my '78 440. The previous owner lost/trashed the spark plug wire routing separators and brackets. Could somebody please tell me what kind of brackets and separators belong on a '78? The valve covers do still have welded to them the factory-stock sheet metal parts that mount the separators.

Unfortunately, the factory service manual does not show the spark plug wire routing, brackets and separators.

Here's a link to the Year One page on plug wire brackets and separators, if that would be any help to you:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?input=spark+plug&SM=1&SC=1

Let me know if you need pictures of the valve covers. Thanks very much!

We need to know what exhaust you're running. For example, a B-body HP manifold on the driver's side would require all the wires to route from the front, and under. An A or C-body HP manifold would require the #7 wire to route along the valve cover, and wrap around from the rear.

I'm running headers, 375inStroke. Please lay the info on me!! Thanks.

And thanks to you, too, Babyblue66. I will probably wind up buying the WR69 set.

So if I use Year One's WR69 with headers and the engine compartment is the "wide open spaces", how are the plug wires routed?

I'm running headers, 375inStroke. Please lay the info on me!! Thanks.

And thanks to you, too, Babyblue66. I will probably wind up buying the WR69 set.

So if I use Year One's WR69 with headers and the engine compartment is the "wide open spaces", how are the plug wires routed?

The best route to keep them organized and off the headers. Just have to figure that out.

There is a company on e-bay that sell all of the correct brackets and looms in one kit with great pictures...check there also. I have used the MSD ones with Dei's condoms on both small and bic blocks..

my 440
IMG00081-20100320-1157.jpg

my 340
IMG00278.jpg

-
Back