Constant tweaking to get it right.

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, i love working on my duster, at the same time i wish things would just work for a change. lololol. Hence how i got the nick name Grumpy back in the day. Well i got my fuel system issues sorted out this weekend, and took the car out for a blast this morning.

Made a hard pass onto the on ramp onto the double lane, set the fuel PSI to 6.5, I hit my 6500 rpm shift points, and was doing 110 mph in high gear when i exited the on ramp, fuel PSI was sitting solid at 6. I was very happy, car works like a dream. Good Old Holley Blue pump for the win. 40 year old technology still works.

vpd8av.jpg

sw455d.jpg

6f7atx.jpg

Love the car

Glad it's working the way you like

Not fond of the 110MPH out on the roads where my loved one's may be....

Again - Love the car

Jeff

Love the car

Again - Love the car

Jeff
Not to worry, we have very little traffic here at 10 am on a Holliday Monday. The road was deserted, i was the only car out there. would never do **** like that in traffic, just asking for trouble.

Not to worry, we have very little traffic here at 10 am on a Holliday Monday. The road was deserted, i was the only car out there. would never do **** like that in traffic, just asking for trouble.
You know we want engine pics a details too !

Jeff

Motor is a 383 with a steel 440 crank = 426 low deck. 10.0-1 compression, Diamond forged pistons with EDDY rpm perf Heads. Cam is a Lunati Voodoo solid lifter flat tappet cam, it has .544/.566 lift and .243/.251@.050 . Rpm performer intake and an AED 750 HOM carb. TTI 1-3/4 header with 3" mandrel bent exhaust Hooker Aero chamber mufflers and dumps at the rear axle. 32 total timing in by 3000 RPM, made 525 hp and 552 tq on the dyno. At 2900 RPM the motor makes 516 tq, from 4000 rpm to 4500 it carries 552 peak TQ,and still has 500 tq at 5500 rpm.Just a torque monster. I added a 3500 stall TCI 10" converter flashes to 4000 with all this torque, and a set of 3.73 gears with 275/60/15 drag radials. Car is 3100 lbs with full tank of fuel in it. All the aluminum up front on the motor dropped 125 lbs over cast, the glass hood is 15 lbs a 35 lb saving over the stock steel hood.

The car was a 20,000 original mile car with no rust i picked it up for $5000. I bought a compressor and a devilbus paint gun kit and i sprayed all the trunk, engine bay and under the car myself.

10cnexh.jpg

1qon0h.jpg

r8gfbn.jpg

Love the car

Again - Love the car

Jeff
hes a canuck, he probably meant 110 KMpH

-
Back