Convertible top wire spring guides

-
Wouldn't it be great to have one of these...
[ame]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1638882643/diwire-the-first-desktop-wire-bender[/ame]

Wildcat, I would be interested in a set as well. Mine are not there and showing signs of wearing through the reinforcing material. I'm putting a new top on soon and don't want it damaged.

Ok guys,

I have made almost no progress on making more

Here is my offer

I will send to anyone that wants to try and make some the ones I have made but not great, plus the wire and how long I started with.

I do not have an original anymore. Had to return it to the guy that let me use the one off his car, plus a set of new ones.

Have the set on my car, but really don't want to take them off.

It was very time consuming to get the bends right and I just cannot stay focused

So, if you are willing to help out your fellow convertible owners. It will cost you nothing to try.

Someone with a convertible that doesn't have the fabric on it would be a good test vehicle. Or someone with a top frame.

There are pictures on this thread of the wires on my car

Sorry, just with the hours I'm working just having a hard time trying to sit down and make these.

Don't know how much wire is left, but probably can make several sets.

Ok guys,

I have made almost no progress on making more

Here is my offer

I will send to anyone that wants to try and make some the ones I have made but not great, plus the wire and how long I started with.

I do not have an original anymore. Had to return it to the guy that let me use the one off his car, plus a set of new ones.

Have the set on my car, but really don't want to take them off.

It was very time consuming to get the bends right and I just cannot stay focused

So, if you are willing to help out your fellow convertible owners. It will cost you nothing to try.

Someone with a convertible that doesn't have the fabric on it would be a good test vehicle. Or someone with a top frame.

There are pictures on this thread of the wires on my car

Sorry, just with the hours I'm working just having a hard time trying to sit down and make these.

Don't know how much wire is left, but probably can make several sets.

Hey Larry, I would be willing to try, BUT my vert top is in the rafters of the garage and Im not sure if I am able to find the orig spring wires. Also mine is a 69 cuda....I checked my parts manuals and couldnt find the spring wires listed in 67 OR 69 Dart and Cuda frames.

Lemme know what you think, Im more than willing to try.

Cheers
Steve

Hey Larry, I would be willing to try, BUT my vert top is in the rafters of the garage and Im not sure if I am able to find the orig spring wires. Also mine is a 69 cuda....I checked my parts manuals and couldnt find the spring wires listed in 67 OR 69 Dart and Cuda frames.

Lemme know what you think, Im more than willing to try.

Cheers
Steve

Steve top frames are the same, have not looked at Cudas but was told some of them had them.

They are not in the parts list and had someone look (retired engineer) in the records at Chrysler and they didn't find them either. But have seen on too many cars.

My best guess is a TSB on damage to the sail panel and warranty dealer installed

If you want to try PM me your address and I will mail it out.

-
Back