Convertible Whistle...

-

DOHCRT

Reaction score
My car whistles like a banshee with the top down once I get to about 30 mph. I have tried to cover different areas of the windshield trim and the wing windows to no avail. Has anyone run into this problem before? You can hear me coming from 1/4 mile away at speed...

i would say find a daring buddy who cares a little less for life and the two of you go to an unused stree where you will have enough time to locate the sound.. and have your friend find it for you. other then that i cant think what would cause it. other then a whistle hidden somewheres.. haha

but seriously ya thats my suggestion.

hope that helps man
Cerwin

Thought about that too, When I'm driving it sounds like its coming from my side and at the same time my girlfriend says it sounds like its coming from her side. I figured someone here has gone through this already. Looks like I need to sucker someone into standing up at speed and tracking down this annoying whistle...

Try using some masking tape placed over various gaps etc on the windshield,then test it. I am willing to bet its coming from someplace around the front window.

My Lebaron did the same thing and after countless trys I found the wind was getting under the chrome trim at the top of the winsheild. I found this by running 2 inch wide masking tape over all the chrome trim on the winsheild. All I did was run a bead of clear silicon under the trim and bingo, it stopped whistleing! Hope this helps
92 Spirit R/T
89 CSX
88 CSX-T TIII
87 CSX
87 Shelby Lancer
84 Rampage TII
97 Ram Diesel
69 Dart GT 'vert

Vic nice Cars

Cerwin said:
i would say find a daring buddy who cares a little less for life and the two of you go to an unused stree where you will have enough time to locate the sound.. and have your friend find it for you. other then that i cant think what would cause it. other then a whistle hidden somewheres.. haha

but seriously ya thats my suggestion.

Tried that once trying to get the timing set on a 59 chevy convertible...my cousin ended up out on the pavement at about 60mph...wasn't pretty!

GTGrinly said:
Tried that once trying to get the timing set on a 59 chevy convertible...my cousin ended up out on the pavement at about 60mph...wasn't pretty!

thats why you take friends not famiily..LOL

-
Back