Convoy

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
If you have youtube premium, it's available.

I have never seen it before but it's keeping me up on a work night because it's totally awesome.

I'll have to finish it tomorrow (I have about 45 minutes left) but so far from what I see, this is a classic.

20221129_011329.jpg

I went to the theater to see it when it came out.

I seen it in the theater too when it came out. Very good movie, good choice.

I have the 45 of the theme song.

One of the first records I bought with my own money.

I still have it.

IIRC the "Big Rig craze" and the "CB craze" in the mid to late 70's were actually two different things, but crossed over, by necessity.

I also still have a 1977 Midland 40 channel analog CB.

Works GREAT- better than most modern units.

I also discovered another one today. Watched the whole thing and I'm really digging the whole trucker thing of the late 70s.

20221201_002208.jpg

I really the 68 and 70 coronet cop cars in the breaker breaker movie.

I think the cop cars were AMC ambassadors in convoy

RUBBER DUCK! definitely a Classic, slightly along the the lines of Vanishing Point, and others, (Return to Macon County is one I remember, I may be having the plots mixed up with just straight up Rebellion against what other people think they can do to you, at any given point in time, when you're really not causing anyone any harm ) Just simply for the wake up call of "Screw Authority!" When people in positions of authority, that are simply supposed to be public servants, abuse their power, people need to wake up. And NO, that does not mean to become domestic terrorism types.

I have the 45 of the theme song.

One of the first records I bought with my own money.

I still have it.

IIRC the "Big Rig craze" and the "CB craze" in the mid to late 70's were actually two different things, but crossed over, by necessity.

I also still have a 1977 Midland 40 channel analog CB.

Works GREAT- better than most modern units.
I have a Realistic Navaho 40 channel base station. Works like it's new.

Jan Michael Vincent. Now there's a real sad story if ever there was.

"BJ and the Bear" series was on about the same time as "Dukes Of Hazard".

There was also "Movin' On" a bit earlier (also starring Claude Akins), but I've never seen an episode of that one.

1669897575734.png

Remember watching Movin' On as a youngster. My grandfather was a trucker. His first real over the road truck was a 69 Kenworth W900 single bunk. It was green like the Movin On truck, but, had white top and white side stripe with gold pinstripe separating the colors. Ol' Green we called it. Remember those days like it was yesterday. Good times.

High Ballin' had Jerry Reed in it, too. Black Dog isn't too bad. Had Swayze, Meatloaf, and Randy Travis.

Duel is sorta a trucking movie.
If I remember correctly the one guy is driving a dodge dart ?
The truck terrorizes the guy.
Smokey in the bandit is somewhat of a trucking movie as well.

Duel is sorta a trucking movie.
If I remember correctly the one guy is driving a dodge dart ?
The truck terrorizes the guy.
Smokey in the bandit is somewhat of a trucking movie as well.
Valiant.

...but back then, they were called by the name of the market innovator- "FuzzBuster".

Last edited:
-
Back