Cool Cans?

-
I never used a cool can, but back in the 70's (dam) before a street race, I use to slip some dry ice in the air cleaner. definitely felt and made a difference. All the Mopars I ever owned seamed to like cool moist air.

I know a guy that runs oval short track. He has a homemade cooler he fills with regular ice cubes. He says he sees a big difference in throttle response. Till the ice melts anyway!

They were extremely popular during the mid to late 70s. Haven't seen a lot of them lately.

Dan , I had one on my old race car. None on my current car. I have an extra one on my shelf , in my office. It has #8AN fittings on both ends. If you wan't it? Pay for shipping and it is yours!!!!! I still see guys using them.

I've always been more worried about leakage on the track and having the officials moan about it. They're supposed to work pretty good, but I've never used one myself. I've found that if you have a return-style fuel system and have your fuel lines routed away from any heat, that you'll do just fine.

-
Back