Cool party prop

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
My son turned 6 last weekend. We are having his 6th birthday party with kids over this weekend. Its going to be a HotWheels themed birthday party, because he's a car nut like me. Wife wanted a prop that kids can take a pic behind like they are driving a car.

I still need to hit hobby lobby for paints and such tomorrow after work to paint it up. I will cut this out, make legs to stand it up, and cut out the windshield hole for pix to be taken behind the "wheel". Notice the "personalized" licence plate. His name is Patrick. I have a 69 cuda project car that older members know i am stashing parts away for, so he and i can rebuild it for him as he gets older as a father n son project. I already have the dart sport scoop on the hood. This is gonna be bad ***. I will take more pix when i get it all painted up.

20180912_195855.jpg

Last edited:
My son turned 6 last weekend. We are having his 6th birthday party with kids over this weekend. Its going to be a HotWheels themed birthday party, because he's a car nut like me. Wife wanted a prop that kids can take a pic behind like they are driving a car.

I still need to hit hobby lobby for paints and such tomorrow after work to paint it up. I will cut this out, make legs to stand it up, and cut out the windshield hole for pix to be taken behind the "wheel". Notice the "personalized" licence plate. His name is Patrick. I have a 69 cuda project car that older members know i am stashing parts away for, so he and i can rebuild it for him as he gets older as a father n son project. I already have the dart sport scoop on the hood. This is gonna be bad ***. I will take more pix when i get it all painted up.

View attachment 1715223052
That's gonna be so cool. Can't wait to see the party pics. Good job DAD.

View attachment 1715223052
Cool! I'm assuming you made the roof a little higher/wider to accommodate pics of the kids? Awesome stuff! Great Dad!

Did a LOT of painting tonight. I'm pooped. A bit more to go, will have to mess with it tomorrow after work. Party is saturday at 1pm.

20180913_215943.jpg

Last edited:
It's done now i tipped the windshield posts in a bit more and dropped the roofline a bit. Glad i did. Looks a lot better. I'm just putting legs on it so kids can stand behind it and get their pictures taken. Did a spin on the texas 1969 tags and made it 2018. Also PTK IM6 for my sons name and birthday.

20180915_104840.jpg

Last edited:
Everybody loved it. First pic is my son. Looks like he is ready to go behind the wheel of a real one !! I got more pix, but 3rd one down was of my 19 year old. She joked that this was the only car she could afford lol.

20180915_141104.jpg

20180915_125447.jpg

20180915_130148.jpg

20180915_130315.jpg

Last edited:
That is well done!
Glad everybody enjoyed it.

Awesome! Now you just need to get a pic of him in a real car when he's a senior, and send the invites out to the party with both pics side by side :)

-
Back